Chapter 116

The Old Madam smashed the tea set. Only after a moment of silence did she speak sternly, "Let's talk in private. There is an outsider present."

If she did not make things clear today, she would never be able to do so again after Shen Yuan Qi left. The Old Madam would definitely force her (Yu Xiang) to marry someone else. Moreover, she would have no means to resist since her legs are unable to walk and she was from a younger generation. Many things flashed past in Yu Xiang's mind and she realised that she would have to leave with Shen Yuan Qi today.

"Outsider?" Her eyes swept the area and asked, "How is there any outsider present?"

Seeing the Old Madam glancing at Shen Yuan Qi, she spoke firmly, "That is not an outsider. That is my Big Brother."

Shen Yuan Qi's anger was instantly dissipated by these words.

On the other hand, the Old Madam snapped and questioned harshly, "What do you mean by that? Are you going to leave with him? Great, I have worked so hard to raise you up, yet you can just leave just by saying so. You are really lacking conscience..." As she said that, she had already burst into tears.

Yu Xiang's eyes welled up in tears and replied, "I don't want to leave you either, but you are forcing me. How am I lacking conscience? You raised me and I can be your granddaughter-in-law, isn't that great conscientious? You've raised me as a child bride for the Yu family, right? I will be just as filial to you in the future as I am currently. What do you think is lacking in me that you have to marry me off? I am a good housekeeper, and I am pretty. I have a beautiful figure. Although my temperament is a little obstinate, I don't get into trouble and I can support the family. Oh, you don't think I can walk?"

She got up from the wheelchair and took a few steps in front of the Old Madam and said, "Look, I can walk now. I can walk more than 50 metres in one breath. Soon, I can walk 100 metres, and then I will be like an ordinary person. Then you tell me what I am lacking and I will rectify it."

For the sake of her elder brother, she had staked everything.

The Old Madam bellowed, "You are good on every point, except for one that is you and Yan'er are brother and sisters. By being together, it would be incest. I will never agree!"

Yu Xiang took a few steps towards Shen Yuan Qi. She tugged onto one of his arms and asked, "If Elder Brother and I are siblings, then who is Shen Yuan Qi?"

"I don't care. In any case, you two are siblings in my heart and that can never change." The Old Madam fell onto the soft couch, appearing exhausted.

The Yu family were all stubborn. Once they decide on something, they would never change it. Yu Xiang's upright back suddenly slumped. She blinked desperately to prevent her tears from falling. At this moment, she missed her Elder Brother, who was in the Western Frontier, so much. She missed his soft and deep voice, his ever-safe secure embrace, lingering kisses...

"In this humble self's heart, Xiang'er is my younger sister. Regarding this point, it can never be changed. Old Madam has taken the liberty of arranging a marriage for my younger sister. But if that is so, what spot are you putting me into? This humble self is here today to take my younger sister home, and the marriage is off." Only then did Shen Yuan Qi, who had remained silent, spoke up.

"Lord Shen, I have managed to find a good husband like Sun Ming Jie for Xiang'er, and I really am doing it for the best interest at heart. If you ruin this marriage, I don't know if there will be anyone better in the future." The Old Madam stated as she braced herself.

Shen Yuan Qi pulled out the blood letter from his sleeve pocket and beckoned Yu Xiang while the Old Madam was reading it, "Go pack your things and follow Big Brother to leave today."