Yu Jun Wei and the others felt their liver and guts crack at the slightest thought of it. Yu Miao Qi and Lin Shi unconsciously hugged each other. Their shivering bodies revealed the fear in their hearts.

The Old Madam held onto her granddaughter's wrist and sneered, "What do you mean by family banquet? Other than the three of us, who else are our family members? Ma Momo, go and inform the clan elders that I will break off the maternal connection between Yan'er and Lin ShiI will also do the same to his sibling relationship with Yu Miao Qi on his behalf. From here on out, they would walk separate paths and no longer be related."

Yu Xiang secretly applauded when she heard of this. Even Yu Si Yu felt that the Old Madam had made the right decision.

"Mother, you can't! Yan'er came out of my womb!"

Lin Shi cried out mournfully, while Yu Miao Qi remained silent. By hiding incriminating evidence in Yu Pin Yan's study and instructing Lin Shi to help the third branch of the (Yu) family reclaim the title, she knew that the things she had done left no room for maneuver. One wrongful act had led to another, and her crimes were unforgivable. Even if she had the ability to distort the truth deliberately, the Old Madam would never believe her again.

The third branch of the (Yu) family's title was gone. Not only that, she was afraid that she would also be charged with framing an official of the imperial court. No, she almost forgot that the ultimate goal of framing Yu Pin Yan was to bring down the Crown Prince and help the Fourth Prince ascend the throne. Now that Yu Pin Yan had returned to the capital, that naturally meant that the Crown Prince was safe. And the Emperor, who orchestrated all of this from behind the scene, was probably aware of everything. Yet, he had kept it to himself, probably because he wanted to take advantage of this incident to purge the court.

All those who were involved in this matter would not get off scot free, not a single one of them! And if she were to dissolve her relationship with Yu Pin Yan, she would be executed through the death of a thousand cuts with only a single evidence about her crime of bringing false charges against an imperial court official.

Yu Pin Yan was always willing to personally take action against those who provoked him. It would be three thousand and six hundred slashes and he would never let them die until the last cut. His heart had always been ruthless.  

The more Yu Miao Qi thought about it, the heavier the fear and despair in her heart became. She felt suppressed to the point of wanting to scream right then and there. She bit down on the tip of her tongue and ordered herself to stay calm. She told herself that there was still the nobleman, who was wise and brilliant; he would inevitably devise a plan to turn the tide. She momentarily recalled the picture of herself adorned in a phoenix garment, and her frenzied heart slowly settled down.

As Yu Pin Yan led his army through the streets, many members from the Yu clan saw him. Previously, when the clan members were bribed by the third branch of the (Yu) family, they helped them seize the title and bully the elderly and children. Yu Pin Yan retaliated one by one after gaining power, and the remaining indifferent bystanders were not given a slightest advantage by Yu Pin Yan.

Therefore, the clan members held a rather veiled criticism of him. If he did not possess a vast amount of power, he would have been removed from the clan a long time ago.

Previously when Yu Pin Yan ran into misfortune, the third branch of the (Yu) family was expected to rise to power. The clan members were very happy to hear about it and helped them establish connections, hoping that they would also get a share of the pie when the third branch of the (Yu) family rose to great heights. Now, when they saw that Yu Pin Yan was not dead, but he had even led millions of troops to victory, their shock was hard to describe into mere words.