Happiness filled the Old Madam's heart. She smiled until her eyes disappeared and said 'yes' in a loud voice.

Yu Si Yu also smiled, but two streams of tears flowed from the corner of her eyes. Seeing this, the Old Madam felt distress for her, so she quickly hugged her and comforted, "Shao Xuan Ze, that child, is sincere. I have indifferently observed and noted that he is good. When your big brother returns, let's plan for your marriage again, and make it more grand and livelier than before. The whole family will take advantage of your happy occasion to wash away the bad luck."

"Mm." Yu Si Yu hurriedly lowered her head and wiped her tears.

After Zhuo Shi returned home, she immediately separated from Shen Miao Qi and went to see Yu Jun Wei. The two of them had noticed that the nobleman was a little interested in Yu Miao Qi before, so they decided to send her there. It was only when Yu Xiang mentioned it that she realised how ungrateful Yu Miao Qi had become. Even her foster parents and brother, her blood-related elder siblings and biological grandmother could all be abandoned or framed without batting an eyelid. Her heart was made of stone and could not be warmed in any way.

Now that she was at a disadvantage, naturally, she would be gentle and docile. However, once she gained power, she would backstab them sooner or later.

"I've stayed in the Shu[8] for so long that my mind must have been damaged due to all the hard labour for me to even think of sending her there." Yu Jun Wei sighed as he looked at his calloused hands. After six or seven years of hard labour, he had even forgotten how to judge people.

"Then let's choose someone else. Let's look for someone else if there is no one more beautiful than her in the clan, or we can adopt a young child with good qualifications from the side branch of the family and raise her for a few years. If you are reinstated, there will be plenty of areas where the nobleman will need to rely on you. Even if you don't mention it, he will do so on his accord. Anyway, our son is still young, so there is no hurry." Zhuo Shi's face carried a hint of arrogance.

Yu Jun Wei was a shu son, but he had taken the imperial examinations on his own merit. At only thirty years old, he had been appointed as a government official of the Ministry of Justice. If he had not been so conceited and greedy, he would not have been pulled down. In order to secure the throne, the new Emperor would have to take some of the daughters of affluent families into the palace. It was only natural that such an important position as a Minister of the Ministry of Personnel[9] would be conferred on him.

Yu Jun Wei thought that when he became the Emperor's father-in-law, it would be difficult for others to overthrow him. Thus, he took advantage of Lin Shi, which was why he brought in the mother and daughter into his family. Now, they gave it serious considerations and felt very repulsed by it. He then said, "That old thing has already repudiated Lin Shi, right? Then, the Yu family is not obliged to keep her. When the nobleman's work is done, you can send them far away."

"I understand." Zhuo Shi nodded and hurriedly went to look for a graceful-looking young woman.

When Yu Miao Qi heard the news that Zhuo Shi had invited the clanmen for a meeting, and they had even brought their daughters between the ages of 11 and 12, how could she not understand what Zhuo Shi was thinking? She was so angry that her eyes flushed red. However, the nobleman told her not to meet him until his great work was completed, so she had to grit her teeth and bear with it. What she had in her heart was just the thought that the nobleman was still thinking of her.

When Yu Pin Yan was here, she felt very inferior. Now that Yu Pin Yan was dead, she found herself to be so lowly that she was practically reduced to dust.

The one who shared the same thoughts as Yu Miao Qi was Madam Sun. Only after she heard the matchmaker's report did she remember that Yu Xiang still held the title of Si Nong Xiang Jun.