Chapter 24

"AND CUT!" Director Liu screamed, and claps filled the entire set. Even after Director Liu yelled, "Cut!" Zhehan and Simon stood in the rain, kissing each other. They hadn't stopped yet, as if they'd forgotten their entire surroundings. This made everyone on set even more excited that their chemistry was not only on-screen but also off-screen. Despite the fact that huge cheers filled the set while some gossiped, the two leads didn't stop what they were doing.

"If you guys have finished kissing each other, please disperse," director Liu joked. When Zhehan realized what was going on, he shoved Simon to the side and bolted from the set. Normally, Simon would stand and watch Zhehan run away from him as he ran, but this time he ran after Zhehan. Seeing Simon run after Zhehan, Han decided it would be best not to get involved in this matter because it was a matter of hearts, and while he did secretly root for the two of them, he was relieved to see the situation resolve in a positive manner.

While this was going on, Daikun took the opportunity to talk to Han because, after their last hug, neither of them had properly communicated with each other. They either didn't have time or they avoided each other completely. Despite the fact that Daikun was standing next to Han, he had no idea how to start the conversation. He couched in an attempt to get Han's attention, which he succeeded in doing. "I.. Guess there's something going on between the two of them," Daikun suggested, while Han nodded " umm... Everything is fine as long as no one gets hurt," Han said, to which Daikun hummed. The atmosphere fell silent once more, and Daikun sighed as he failed to continue the conversation. Meanwhile, the silence was killing Han, so he decided to confront Daikun about what he meant by the hug and 'I'm here for you' from their last meeting.

"Daikun!" Daikun looked at Han as soon as he called his name, "Do you have some free time now? I'd like to speak with you about something." Daikun nodded " Sure," Daikun said, biting his lower lip. Daikun walked ahead, followed by Han quietly. Daikun walked over to a less crowded area of the set where the two of them could talk. He sat down, while Han crossed his arms and asked, "Daikun, what did you mean by what you said earlier?" Daikun blinked; he knew what exactly Han was referring to, but he wasn't ready to discuss it yet.

"umm... It's..." Daikun sighed; he knew he had to talk about it eventually, so he gathered his courage by breathing in and out for a few minutes before responding. "Zhehan told me, and before you freak out or say anything, I don't care about your past, I don't care that you were in love with someone and don't care about that someone who broke your heart, I just care about you and your presence, I just care about your current feelings, and I want your feelings to be about me," he said, looking him in the eyes. Without a single hesitation, he had laid out his feelings on the table, which surprised Han as to how someone could be so open and honest about their feelings.

Han coughed "What...What do you mean?" Daikun chuckled as he saw him cough; Han had obviously figured out what he meant, but he was avoiding addressing it directly. "What I mean is that I like you, in fact I like you so much that I would literally fight anyone who dares to take you away from me," Daikun smirked, while Han stood motionless. Daikun drew closer as Han sat down in an attempt to distance himself from Daikun. " But I don't have those feelings for you!".

Daikun took a step back, shocked, he couldn't believe what he heard, he thought Han had those feelings as well, but he was closed about it because he struggled to say it out loud, but now that he heard him say it, he knew the story was entirely different than what he imagined. "Then..." Han sighed, looking at him, "What I had for you was pity, I pitied your condition, and I was sorry for what I did to you earlier, don't mistake it for me having feelings for you, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea." Han stood up as he was about to leave; the atmosphere was already awkward, and he didn't want to be there any longer.