Yu Si Yu couldn't really drown Yu Miao Qi. After torturing a bit more and seeing that she had passed out, she let go of her bruised neck and waved her hands, "Let's go and see Grandmother." She left the barely breathing Yu Miao Qi by the side of the road like that.

When they arrived at the main courtyard, the Old Madam had already woken up. A square scarf wrapped around her forehead and tears welled up in her eyes. Yu Si Yu comforted her and told her the truth about what Yu Miao Qi had said. She asked, "Grandmother, what do you think she means of 'not blessed'? Is it possible that we can no longer live in the Marquis manor? Does she know something?"

The Old Madam was horrified, followed by another mouthful spat of blood...

  ---------

[Imperial Palace, Hall of Nourishment] ‒ The Dragon Robe was on Emperor Cheng Kang's desk.

The day was sunny and the already brilliant sunlight was shining so brightly on the Dragon Robe, and seemed to light it on fire. That bright yellow flame made Emperor Cheng Kang's face look even more frosty and frightening.

"A Dragon Robe has been made and sent to the Crown Prince manor undetected. Such a master." The words were full of praise, but his gaze was filled with murderous intent. Regardless of who was behind this person, the power he secretly controlled had already touched his bottom line and could not be tolerated.

The Crown Prince remained silent. He understood that it was the right choice for him not to say anything at this time. For if he did not say anything, his father would naturally fill in all that he could think of, or perhaps he could fill in the blanks. In this way, it became all the more obvious that the man had committed a heinous crime, and even ten-thousand deaths would still be letting him off easy.   

"They have also placed something in Yi Feng's study? What is it?" Emperor Cheng Kang's tone was icy.

"Erchen[1] doesn't know. Erchen has only asked him a few questions before he bit his tongue and killed himself. Erchen is incompetent and seek punishment from Father Emperor." The Crown Prince hung his head with shame on his face. It was not difficult to get a corpse that had bitten its tongue, everything was prepared before the Crown Prince entered the palace and had not alerted the man lurking in the shadows.

"No harm." Emperor Cheng Kang waved his hand. "Someone will naturally report this matter to the imperial court. Take this Dragon Robe and go back, and put it in its original place. In the next few months, both of us, father and son, will have to act out a grand play."

The Crown Prince understood and left the palace discreetly with the Dragon Robe. No sooner had he left, Ao Ping entered the palace with a scars riddled Dragon Scale Guard. Emperor Cheng Kang summoned him to the imperial court and saw that he was Fu Fan Xing, a fellow attendant of Yu Pin Yan and was considered a trusted aide of Yu Pin Yan.

Fu Fan Xing knelt down with a thud and opened his mouth to say, "Reporting to Your Majesty, Commander Yu has collaborated with the rival country and is planning to commit treason..." He detailed how he had inadvertently discovered the clue and how he had evaded pursuit to arrive at the imperial court to inform the Emperor, and that the journey here was really dangerous.

Emperor Cheng Kang sat upright on the throne and remained silent with an indiscernible expression on his face. The imperial hall fell into dead silence. When Ao Ping and Fu Fan Xing could hardly withstand it, Emperor Cheng Kang slowly spoke, "Ao Ping, bring someone to thoroughly investigate the Marquis Yongle manor and report any discrepancies immediately.

Ao Ping pretended to hesitate, but was given a cold and stern gaze by Emperor Cheng Kang. Only then did he lead Fu Fan Xing to bow and retreat.

Emperor Cheng Kang dismissed all the palace staff away, leaving only his most trusted chamberlain behind. Thereafter, he took out a handkerchief to cover his mouth and coughed. When he finished coughing, he spread it open to see that the bright yellow fabric was stained with crimson blood. It turned out that Emperor Cheng Kang was already gravely ill and his days were numbered, so he made drastic reforms to the imperial government, eliminating the aristocratic families and supported young talents to pave the way for the Crown Prince to ascent to the throne.