Yu Xiang looked at the blood letter and appeared puzzled.

"I'll talk to you about this matter in detail when we get back, so go now." Shen Yuan Qi gave her a reassuring smile.

Only then did Yu Xiang sit back on her wheelchair and was pushed out by Tao Hong and Liu Lu.

The Old Madam's head was in turmoil after reading the bloodletter. Once she thought about how she had almost handed Xiang'er over to such a venomous spirit, she felt a chill run through her body along her meridians. If Yan'er returned from the frontier and found out about what had happened, wouldn't he visit Sun Ming Jie's family and chop them up? That would cause a huge scene!

With her grandson's temper, the odds of this happening were literally hundred percent. The Old Madam tossed the bloodletter far away and in the blink of an eye she was covered in cold sweat. When she returned to her senses, she realised that her granddaughter had already gone back to pack her things, and hastily went forward with her walking stick to stop her.

The grandchildren and grandmother had argued with one another, causing a furor in Jing Fu's courtyard. All of the servants ran to see what was going on, and even the guards on patrol. Amidst all the chaos, no one noticed Yu Miao Qi sneaking out of the corner door and going into Yu Pin Yan's study next door. She had no loyal servants with her. Although this was a risky venture, she had to do it herself.

When Yu Miao Qi returned in cold sweat, Yu Xiang had already left, taking only a few clothes and two maidservants with her. She did not touch anything else. The Old Madam didn't know whether it was out of anger or guilt, she ordered the guards to seal off the entire courtyard, stating that no one was allowed to leave or enter until the Marquis returned.

Yu Miao Qi said to herself 'What a close call.' She had wanted to take advantage of Yu Xiang's marriage to put it inside, but Shen Yuan Qi's arrival had ruined her original plan and given her a new opportunity. She knew that the Yu family would be in danger of being executed if the matter came to light. However, when Old Marquis Yu was alive, he had received a gold medal from the previous emperor for saving his life.

Old Marquis Yu had been obedient and had returned the gold medal and just sought for the promise of 'sparing the woman and children once commissioning of a crime.' In other words, if the men of the Yu family committed a crime, the women and children of the Yu family would not be implicated. That was why she dared to be driven by that man without fear of repercussions for herself. Since this family could not tolerate her, she might as well destroy it.

Inside the moving carriage, Yu Xiang was digesting the fact that Sun Ming Jie was a sadist. She gripped the lapels of her dress, feeling only a surge of fear. If Shen Yuan Qi had not arrived in time, she would have perished soon after marrying into the Sun family and that was 'Yu Xiang's' ending. This was a fanatical and creepy fate.

"Don't be afraid. Elder Brother won't let anyone hurt you." Shen Yuan Qi raised his hand to hold onto her pale and cold fingertips. However, he was rejected and his eyes dimmed for a moment.

Yu Xiang turned her head away and did not look at his disappointed expression. She said firmly, "I want to marry Elder (Brother)... Yu Pin Yan. Just say whether you agree or not. If you don't agree, then send me to Hahe Village. I will set up a farm and the people guarding the area are all old subordinates of Old Marquis Yu and Yu Pin Yan, so it should be safe."

She wanted to wait peacefully and quietly for her elder brother to return.

Shen Yuan Qi saw that she was wary, and her right hand was even pulling on the carriage door. It was as if she would jump off at any moment if he shook his head. He found it infuriating and amusing and he questioned, "In the eyes of outsiders, you and Yu Pin Yan are blood-related siblings. Even if you acknowledge your ancestry, you will inevitably be talked about once you marry him. In the future, you will probably be criticised by others when you attend banquets and socialise, or go out to pray in the temple. Aren't you afraid?"

Yu Xiang raised her jaw slightly and spoke arrogantly, "What should I be afraid of? Their mouth is on their body, let them talk. I'm not going to lose a piece of meat. They are troubled on my behalf while I am living a happy and comfortable life for myself. Who do you think is the stupid one? You were often cursed as a slave official. However, in six months, you were promoted four levels immediately. Your future is promising. Did those who called you names gain an advantage from it? Not only did they probably didn't gain an advantage, but they also spat out a few Jin of blood from their hearts. Slanderers should be sent to hell with their tongues removed and they will know what is in store for them once they die. Firstly, I don't do anything that offends Heaven and reason. Secondly, I don't kill anyone nor set fire. Thirdly, I don't harm others for my benefit. Why should I be afraid? Since I dare to do something, I would dare to face it."

Shen Yuan Qi knew that the circumstances were not right, but he couldn't help but laugh heartily. Xiang'er was far more adorable, spontaneous, straightforward than he had imagined. No matter how difficult the situation was, she would not be scared nor would she back down. She would only face the situation head-on. This was very much like the members of the Shen family.

" 'To dare to do something and dare to face it', well said. I won't interfere with the matter between you and Yu Pin Yan. We'll talk about it when he returns. What do you think?" Noticing that the wariness in his younger sister's eyes had been dispelled, he continued, "I promise you that I will not help you to receive suitors before Yu Pin Yan returns. After all, you are a girl and your legs are still inconvenient. It is not safe for you to live alone on the farm. Furthermore, if you want to marry Yu Pin Yan, you must have a decent status, right? When we return, I will ask the clan elders to amend the family's lineage so that you can become a daughter of the Shen family again. From now on, you will be called Shen Xiang, okay?"

After two lifetimes of being called Yu Xiang and suddenly she had to change her name to Shen Xiang made her feel very uncomfortable. Yu Xiang was about to shake her head, but she thought that she would have to take her husband's name after marrying her Elder Brother. Thus, she nodded slightly.

Shen Yuan Qi's mood lifted again. Ignoring his sister's little head that was avoiding him from side to side, he dragged her over and rubbed it. He said with a smile, "We are finally reunited. Our parents would be happy about this." There was a moment of silence after he said that, and his eyes showed signs of grief.

Yu Xiang waited for him to regain his composure before speaking slowly, "Although I have known that you are my blood-related Elder Brother for a long time, I have to be honest. You and I have never spent even a single day together, so naturally my affection for you is incomparable to Elder Brother Yu. However, now that we have acknowledged each other and are the only family in this world, I will try my best to accept you. So that we can help one another and strengthen the Shen family, and we can be accountable for our deceased parents. Shen Yuan Qi, my Big Brother, please take care of me from now on."

She took the initiative to extend her hand and shook Shen Yuan Qi's large hands.

These words were spoken with such frankness and sincerity that it caused Shen Yuan Qi's heart to stir. He suddenly realised the huge gap that existed between his own biological sister and Yu Miao Qi. If it was Yu Miao Qi, she would have been unhappy with his steeply lowered status and would have used affectionate behaviour to conceal her discontent. This was unlike Yu Xiang, who said whatever that was on her mind without any pretense.

Who wouldn't like such a candid and earnest younger sister? Shen Yuan Qi held his younger sister's tiny hands and smiled happily.

Shen Yuan Qi still lived with the Xue family as he was grateful to Master Xue for giving him a new lease of life, even though he had bought a property. When they arrived, the Xue family was having their meal and they looked as if they had seen a ghost when they saw Yu Xiang in her wheelchair.

Everyone knew of Yu Xiang's reputation for having a perverse and obstinate temperament in the capital. Old Master Xue and Young Master Xue had only spilled their wine glass. However, for the rest of the Xue family members it was as if they faced imminent calamity, especially the two young ladies who were shivering as they huddled together.

"Big Brother, I'm afraid they don't welcome me." Yu Xiang pointed her whip at the masses, not the least bit conscious about lodging under their roof.