Prologue

Story Progression

Why Us (MaxD01)
Wolf Tech 1 and 2 (wolphin5)
A Pregnancy Story (MaxD01)
Wolf Tech 3 (wolphin5 and maxd01)
Jolene's Story - Why Us 2 (MaxD01)
Tiger Tiger (Shadowline2332)
Wolf Tech 4 (wolphin5 and maxd01)
Wolf Tech 5 (wolphin5 and masd01)
The Will of the Goddess (MaxD01) -- co-exists with chapters 1-5 of Wolf Tech 5
Shadow and Ice (Shadowline2332) -- Exists within Chapter 6 of Wolf Tech 5
Thawing of the Ice (Co-written with MaxD01 and Shadowline2335) -- Exists within Chapter 6 of Wolf Tech 5, Epilogue also overlaps Chapter 7

~~~ Zane goes for a run

Zane sat on the edge of his bed as he tied his shoe strings. He'd' finished his homework and felt like going for a run. Thankfully it was right near the end of school and he had one last meet before he finished junior high. The idea of becoming a freshman was scary and exciting. He was in track and field and they had trained earlier, but he just felt like getting out of the house for a while. There wasn't any reason, other than he simply loved running and some days it felt like he could run forever. He wasn't sure where he came by this since his father had never played sports and at most his mother was a former cheerleader.

Once he was done getting ready, he grabbed his phone from the charger and plugged the earbuds in. As he headed towards the front of the old house his family lived in he made sure he had everything he needed. He poked his head into the living room and smiled. His younger sister was sitting behind their father doing something with his hair. His father had a very patient look on his face as she did whatever she was doing, "Hey, I'm going to go for a run. Back by nine or so. Would you like me to deal with the stinker for you?"

His sister stuck her tongue at him, "Go run what little brains you have left out. This is important for your information. I promised Ava I would do her hair for the dance and she is going to do mine." She had her phone sitting next to her and would periodically check it as she was working.

His mother was grinning at her husband and youngest child, "Have fun Zane and have a good run. Try not to forget the time again. This time, I might just call the police and report you as missing." She had to tease him since he tended to forget the time when running. Last week he had gone out for a short run and came back two hours later.

Zane had to exaggerate the eyeroll and mock whined for good measure, "Mom!!! It was a Friday night for heaven sake. Besides I told you I was trying to get away from all my admirers." Considering he didn't date and was just average looking his family knew he was joking. He flashed a grin at her and headed out. One thing he liked about where they lived was how quiet it was. They might not be well off, but his parents had managed to find a decent place to live. It was old and showed its age but was in decent shape.

They lived in an old subdivision which was one reason it was so quiet, and the trees were old and massive which he loved as well. With the area they lived in as well there was what was loosely termed a forest which he used to train for cross country. Tonight, he wasn't in the mood for running through the forest, so he was going to run the edge of the forest which normally took him about an hour. After a slow jog to start warming up he started stretching.

Once he was warmed up and stretched, he started running. As he was running a light cloud cover moved in and the moon shone down through it. The moonlight was bright enough to read by, so it seemed. The air was cool and crisp which made it even nicer to run in. It didn't take him very long to settle down into the pace he was going to use. As he was listening to his music he had to roll his eyes since his mother had apparently added a few songs to his list. Right now, Turn Me Loose by Loverboy was playing, and it messed with his pace.