Yu Si Yu was so frightened that her face turned pale. She turned her head slightly sideways to find Yu Miao Qi was covering her mouth and laughing.

Ku Hui's scalp tingled as Yu Pin Yan stared at him. However, in order to treat the condition, he had to reiterate, "That's right. Both legs needs to be broken starting from the kneecaps and then reattached. As the principle behind the saying 'Without destruction, there can be no construction.[5] Precisely that, to break and then create[6].'"

Yu Xiang, as the person involved, had the calmest expression. Without a word, she took out a handkerchief from her sleeve pocket and folded it into a long strip and stuffed it into her mouth, then lifted her legs and placed them on the table, said in a muffled voice, "Come on, be quick, don't hit me once and then hit me second or third time without breaking it, or I'll get mad, flare-up and swear at you!"

Ku Hui never thought that a dainty and adorable girl would have the courage, insight and imposing attitude to do so. She had outshined her grandmother and Elder Brother. Although his heart was full of admiration, he could not stop laughing and waved his hand and said, "There is no need for that, Benefactor Yu Xiang. I have a medicine called 'Ma Fei San (anesthetic).[7]' After you drink it, you will fall into a deep sleep. When you wake up, the medicine will have been applied to your legs, so you don't have to endure the pain of a broken bone."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier that there was Ma Fei San!" Yu Xiang spat out his handkerchief, feeling greatly thankful.

Yu Pin Yan's heartstrings abruptly loosen and he placed his hands on his younger sister's shoulders and gave them a firm squeeze.

Ku Hui didn't know whether to cry or laugh. He handed the prescription to the maidservant and ordered her to boil it immediately. About two quarters of an hour later, Yu Xiang had fallen asleep with her head tilted, and the Old Madam stood and waited outside by the door with her two granddaughters.

Ku Hui cleansed his palms with strong alcohol, but he noticed that Yu Pin Yan also immersed his hands into the alcohol jar with an extremely frosty expression.

"Benefactor Yu, you are..." He had thought that as a relative, Commander Yu would never be able to lay a hand on her.

"I'll do it, you can just guide me from the side." It was a matter of his younger sister's life. Even though his heart was thumping wildly, his blood was flowing backwards, and even his fingertips were beginning to tremble, he would not leave his sister's safety in the hands of an outsider.

Ku Hui complied and retreated to the side, pointing to the location of the scar and said, "Break the bones from here. Remember that the more levelled the break, the better.."

Yu Pin Yan nodded his head. He secretly took a deep breath, and then he stretched his hands forward, kneaded and twisted it, only to hear two 'kacha' sounds. The bones were broken. Ku Hui immediately went forward to examine with his fingers. The fracture was neat and tidy, as if it had been cut by a sharp blade and it was an incredibly subtle strength and incisive technique.   

"Good, very good. Now I will connect the bones that have grown misaligned in Benefactor Yu Xiang and apply the bone-healing cream, and she will be able to stand up in two or three months." Ku Hui quickly reattached the bones and then applied the blackish herbal paste to Yu Xiang's slightly red and swollen kneecap.

Yu Pinyan slowly walked out of the hall and exhaled a misty breath into the gloomy sky. His hands had been tainted with so much blood, yet this was the first time he was grateful that he was so skilled at killing techniques. At least he was able to minimize his sister's pain by doing it.

When the Old Madam saw him come out, she hastened to inquire, "How is it, are the bones connected?"

 "It's connected." Not long after Yu Pin Yan finished his sentence, he felt his own kneecaps ache violently as well. It was not because of yesterday's kowtow, but because he felt the same pain as his sister. If he could, he would wish he could take her place on her behalf.