After talking so long, it was still out of jealousy and wanting to monopolize him. Yu Pin Yan laughed as he held his forehead while the arm around his younger sister's shoulders shook her gently, "Xiang'er, Elder Brother's good Xiang'er, how can you be so cute?" She simply made him love her to the marrow of his bones.

"Don't move me!" Yu Xiang's stomach began to throb again as she forcibly pushed her elder brother away.

Yu Pin Yan laughed so hard that tears almost came out of his eyes. As he replanted the pity succulent plant back into the small flower pot, he whispered, "In the event that say, only this plant is planted in this pit from beginning to the end? Is she willing to take root?"

The light in Yu Xiang's eyes flickered slightly as she replied vaguely, "Who knows? Presently there's only one plant but who can say precisely in the future. After all, this piece of land is so rich that everyone wants to seize a corner of it."

Yu Pin Yan took out a handkerchief to wipe clean his palms. After that, he helped wipe his younger sister's hand and even cleaned her nails as he spoke slowly, "Does Xiang'er remember when Elder Brother was accused of murder and put in jail in my early years?"

That was when Yu Pin Yan was twelve or thirteen years old and Yu Xiang was still in the future but traces of the memory still remained in her mind. She nodded her head, her attention was completely drawn to it.

After wiping her fingers, Yu Pin Yan then helped to wipe her face. His expression was gentle and doting but the words that came out of his mouth were astounding, "I had just turned thirteen that year and was still a brat who didn't know anything about the world. One of my so-called best friends took me to a literary meeting but in fact, that place was Chu Brothel House."

Hearing this, Yu Xiang could not help baring her teeth while her eyes were absolutely vicious.

The newly rising hostility in Yu Pin Yan was completely wiped out by her cute expression that he tightened his hold on her shoulders and continued, "Not long after I went in, I lost my consciousness. When I woke up again, a prostitute whose skin was covered with boils and carbuncle sores was lying on my body and preparing to act. I can still smell the putrid smell of dying emitting from her body till date."

Yu Xiang's heart clenched as she asked in a trembling voice, "She, she was infected with syphilis?" What a malicious move! Not only would Elder Brother contracted an incurable venereal disease but also damaged his lifetime reputation, if it really succeeded ....

She dared not ponder deeply. With difficulty, both her hands wrapped around her Elder Brother's body as she gently patted to comfort while her clear and gentle eyes seemed to say - don't be afraid, it's over, everything is in the past.

Seeing that she not only didn't repel him instead felt sorry for him after hearing this undesirable dirty past, his already soft heart slowly thawed while he continued to murmur, "Fortunately, I regained consciousness in time to pull the hairpin on her head and stabbed her to death. I then hastily put on my clothes and escaped from the backyard. Because of the drug, I stumbled and slowly made my way down the pitch-dark alley to the busiest and brightest street. That day was precisely Qixi[1]. The moment I walked out of the alley, I saw Chang Ya Fu and Yu Pin Hong smiling at each other in the crowd. I followed behind them quietly and watched them set off the river lanterns and exchanged keepsakes..."

"And then what happened?" Yu Xiang tightened her grip of his fingers while the throbbing pain in her heart continued relentlessly.

"Then I soaked in the cold river for half a night and was arrested by the Yamen[2] attendant in the early morning and put in prison." Yu Pin Yan's eyes were empty as he got caught up in the memories.