Yu Xiang and Fan Jiao Jiao won a lot of purses that they drank two more cups in a moment of joy and Yu Xiang was still a little giddy when she returned to the Marquis manor. Only after Old Madam imbued her with a big bowl of sober-up soup that her stupor eyes refocus again.

She then spat out a mouthful of alcoholic breath when she opened her mouth and said, "Grandmother, do you know Chang Ya Fu played the hang herself by the noose game and said she could not endure my malice that she withdrew her marriage with elder brother.

It doesn't matter if I stink my reputation, Grandmother, but I can't stand others throwing dirty water on my head. I want to settle the score with her!"

As Yu Miao Qi and Lin Shi hanged around the main courtyard and refused to leave, they quickly dissuaded when they heard this, "Just forget it. Anyone can make mistakes so forgive them if possible. She has no choice too, so let's just give her a way out!"

"Letting her take the initiative to withdraw from the marriage is already giving her a way out once, how can she turn over and not let me off? Do you know, Grandmother, Yu Miao Qi even went over to comfort her, saying that the Yu family had wronged her. What does that mean? She had her feet stepped on two boats and vigorously cuckolding my elder brother, so how could she turn around and say it was my Yu family who had wronged her?" The more Yu Xiang said, the more absurd she felt that she snorted with laughter.

Old Madam who was feeling somewhat relaxed immediately flared up when she heard the verse 'anyone can make mistakes so forgive them if possible' that she threw away the rosary and asked sternly, "Yu Miao Qi, do you still remember your last name?"

"Grandmother, I merely saw how pitiful Sister Fu'er is and thought to help say a few good words so that she can find a family smoothly. It's also considered as accumulating a bit of good deeds as cultivating for the afterlife..." Yu Miao Qi tried to use the Buddhist verse to exonerate herself.

"You mean to say our family letting her withdraw from the marriage is precisely lessening the good deeds? If elder brother is to marry her, he will be a turtle cuckold for the rest of his life which can accumulate a bit of good deeds to help him find a virtuous wife in his next life, is it? Yu Miao Qi, are you sick in the head?" Yu Xiang gestured at her temple.

Lin Shi was too embarrassed to even raise her head yet Yu Miao Qi defended herself, "How am I sick in the head? Sister Fu'er was already forced to almost hang herself by you but if you are not letting her off, aren't you planning to push her to death?"

Old Madam kneaded her glabella and spoke in a deep voice, "Alright, cut the crap! Yu Miao Qi, you are more distressed about Chang Ya Fu than your elder brother. After all, you were raised outside and don't consider yourself a member of the Yu family. If next time you join hands with the outsiders to make things difficult for Xiang'er, you can go live independently with your mother in the village. Our Yu family cannot tolerate someone who lives off one person while secretly helping another." Once the words faltered, she looked at the granddaughter who was fuming with anger and waved helplessly, "How so do you want to settle the score with Chang Ya Fu? With your infamous reputation, people will even think you deliberately slandered her should you state the actual situation and who will believe you? And if too much is said while she seeks death again, you will not be able to get rid of this taint."

The action of the Chang family was really disgusting, seeing that Yu Xiang is notorious hence putting the blame on her. As Yu Xiang had offended so many noble ladies, these people would naturally be more tolerant of Chang Ya Fu as fellow sufferers commiserate with each other that some even had the desire to support her. Using this driving force as pretext, Chang Ya Fu will find another household in no time.

This is using her granddaughter as the stepping stone to trample on ah! Feeling suffocated, Old Madam, however, could not think of a foolproof solution for a while. Seeing her distress, Yu Xiang hugged her arm and comforted her softly, saying that she could bear it for the time being and would unlikely cause any trouble. She only went out with Lin Shi's mother and daughter after waiting upon her to wash up and lying down.