Hearing the noises, everyone turned their head to look. Some were surprised and some snickered while others were concerned ... Turning greenish to pale, Min Lan's complexion was extremely hideous. She wanted Yu Xiang making a big fool of herself while the Ninth Princess and Fan Jiao Jiao were merely incidental for who should she be afraid of as she is about to become the Crown Prince's Zhengfei[3] anyway?

At this moment, the Ninth Princess and Fan Jiao Jiao did make a fool of themselves but Yu Xiang was still alright, she neither lost consciousness nor did she shout at the top of her voice. Merely tipsy and half awake, yet her little appearance was out of this world instead.

Min Song glared fiercely at her younger sister. The Crown Princess came in when Min Song was about to get up to take care of the Ninth Princess, who instructed Song Momo to carry and let the Ninth Princess sleep peacefully in her bedroom. She then pushed Fan Jiao Jiao into a chair, snatched the wine jug Fan Jiao Jiao was holding and took a slight sniff. Sighing, she smiled, "It's nevertheless the servant's mistake to have served the green fruit brew instead of the green fruit wine. No wonder they are so drunk."

The green fruit brew is the fruit wine that's kept and fermented in a special cask for more than forty years which has no fruity freshness but is much smoother and mellower. Refreshingly tasty and acidicly sweet to the taste yet its after-effect is downright strong, as it's also known as 'belly burn' which is a famous hard liquor of the Great Han. A grown man only needs half a jug to be dead drunk. One could imagine its potency after these three young girls had shared a jug together.

There weren't any mistakes for other tables but merely her daughter's, would the servants of the Crown Prince's residence be so careless to this point? Fan Jiao Jiao's mother gave a thoughtful glance at Min Lan. Shaking her head inwardly, the Crown Princess excluded Min Lan from the succession list. She originally thought Min Lan would be the easiest to control but if her envious intent is unyielding to this extent, she nevertheless could not be chosen, lest she evoke the disgust of the Crown Prince and implicate her two precious babies.

Min Zhi felt somewhat grateful and couldn't help feeling delighted. Min Song, however, broke out in a cold sweat. She still wants to have children of her own in this lifetime and even if she can sit on the phoenix throne some day, she does not want to get ensnared in her eldest sister's plan.

Old Madam lovingly stroked her granddaughter's burning cheeks and laughed, "Truly has incurred laughter for the Crown Princess niang-niang[1]. Since the banquet is over and Niang-niang's is also unwell, this subject will leave first with my granddaughters to avoid more unsightly scenes."

Fan Jiao Jiao's mother hurriedly concurred too.

As the Crown Princess was unable to hold up much longer, she did not persuade them to stay and sent an oral message to Commander Yu who was in the front courtyard.

While at the Crown Prince's feast, the existence of both Yu Pin Yan and Shen Yuan Qi were unwelcomed yet there was a slight difference as Yu Pin Yan was dreaded due to his cold temperament while Shen Yuan Qi was despised owing to his lowly origins. After receiving the oral message from the Crown Princess, Yu Pin Yan immediately got up and took his leave from the Crown Prince. Shen Yuan Qi also excused himself, saying he was going the same way as Commander Yu.

The Crown Prince did not force them to stay and let someone escort them out. When Yu Pin Yan strode towards the inner gate, Shen Yuan Qi followed closely behind. Due to the misgiving that this person will be his brother-in-law, Yu Pin Yan did not shoo him away but ignored him completely.

As soon as they stepped out of the front courtyard, they saw Old Madam bent over slightly talking to her granddaughter in the wheelchair. With her big apricot round eyes opened, the black bright pupils of Yu Xiang glistened seemingly immersed in the clear spring water. No matter what Old Madam said, she merely nodded her head slowly while her small mouth would blabber and grinned foolishly.