"But the Crown Prince already has a Zhengfei[1], do you want to be his concubine? How can the Di[2] daughter of my Yu manor be others' concubine? Besides, the Crown Princess has just given birth to a pair of dragon and phoenix babies[3], and is gaining the Emperor's fondness. What good life will you get when you marry over?" Finally having digested the shocking news, Lin Shi soon opposed strongly.

"Doesn't Mother know?" Yu Miao Qi smiled unconcernedly, "The cold toxin[4] had entered the Crown Princess' body during childbirth. Not only will she have difficulty conceiving another heir, even her bones have been severely damaged and she is now just living her days out. I will not be others' concubine, I will only be the Zhengfei. Once the Crown Princess pass away, based on Yu Pin Yan's friendship with the Crown Prince and the great power that he holds, as long as the Crown Prince is not stupid and you revealing the intention to form an alliance by marriage to the Empress then the Zhengfei position will bound to be mine." Although she hates Yu Pin Yan, she, however, has no choice but to borrow the other party's power and this feeling of humiliation deepened the hatred that repressed her heart.

"How do you know the Crown Princess does not have many years left to live? Where did you hear that from?" Lin Shi refused to believe it.

"The imperial physicians of the Imperial Hospital have been taking turns to visit the Crown Prince residence every day for a month. The Crown Prince has also often appeared dejected and distressed recently while the Crown Princess' maiden family has sent several girls of great beauty to the Crown Prince residence to attend to her illness. Combining all these, who could not speculate the critical juncture of it? Don't ask anymore questions, Mother. Since the Crown Princess has already invited the womenfolk of Yu manor to attend the full moon[5] banquet of the little royal grandchildren, as the family matriarch, it's only right that you bring a generous gift to convey our congratulatory." Yu Miao Qi's face gradually revealed a little impatience.

"The invitation has arrived? Why didn't I receive it?" Lin Shi was still hesitating.

"It arrived long ago and it's in Yu Xiang's hand. You should hurry up. Look out before Grandmother takes her and leaves us behind." Losing her patience completely, Yu Miao Qi pushed Lin Shi into the side room to have her clothes changed and meticulously dressed herself up.

Yu Xiang had chosen a fitting butterfly misty dress for the Ninth Princess and also helped her put on a tenderly rosy peach blossom makeup. Her hair was pulled into vertical buns with butterfly hair pins inserted on each side that as she walked, the wings of the butterfly will flap slightly, as if it will fly away in the next instant.

The Ninth Princess is originally delicate and adorable. This style of dressing makes her look more like a porcelain doll that's indescribably zestful and lively. Facing the mirror, she turned from left to right then wrapped her arms around Lotus seed cake's neck and smiled foolishly.

"There's no need to be presumptuously smug. The time is almost up." Yu Xiang pinched the soft flesh on her cheek.

Only then did the Ninth Princess leave the dressing table reluctantly. In order to make the butterfly wings flap, she skipped and bounced which caused the two court ladies laughing all the way.

When they arrived at the main hall, Old Madam had indeed been waiting for a long time. Smiling, she greeted the Ninth Princess and checked the gift list before heading out. Just as they walked to the gate, she saw Lin Shi and Yu Miao Qi standing in front, waiting.

"Ancestor, daughter-in-law is ready too, so let's go now." Lin Shi took a few steps forward and supported Old Madam spontaneously. Yu Miao Qi smiled faintly at the Ninth Princess, "This subject daughter has met the Ninth Princess. Dressing up like this, Princess is even more beautiful than the colorful butterflies in the sky."