After half a shichen (one hour), Fang Zhi Chen laid limply like mud. The moveable joints in his whole body were removed from his body and his chest rising and falling weakly. The only breaths remaining were quickly leaving, none coming in. He was also quickly running out of the remaining breaths he had left.

Yu Pin Yan walked around him before taking off his gloves and throwing them on the floor. He spoke quietly, "Send someone to Yangzhou to investigate and find the person who met the Fang family's mother and son."

The man with the handlebar beard and large stature silently assent in a low murmur. He sent the Marquis out of the room then picked up the gloves and burnt them. Then, he realigned Fang Zhi Chen's joints. Naturally, it was another torture worse than death.

Once he left the door, he saw two guards walk in from the shadows and silently followed him. Yu Pin Yan smoothed over the wrinkles on his clothes and sneered, "Yu Miao Qi, how dare you?!"

He doesn't need to verify who was behind this since he couldn't think of anyone other than that duplicitous and venomous Yu Miao Qi. Although he knew that she was discontented with what she had, he didn't send the Dragon Scale Guards to keep an eye on her around the clock. The emperor hated his subjects using official resources on their personal matters. When he was searching for his kin, he did not use the Dragon Scale guards and now he would not use them for a mere internal trifle. The men that were brought with him today were all past soldiers who were trained during the war. Even though their ability was not unparalleled like the Dragon Scale guards, they weren't any weaker and could probably investigate the truth within three to five days.

Yu Pin Yan stood outside of the courtyard for a while to dispel the unpleasant stench on his body. Only then did he slowly take his leave. When he arrived back at the Marquis manor, it was nearly midnight, and all the lanterns had been extinguished. The sky was pitch-black. However, Yu Pin Yan seemed to be walking under the light. In a couple of turns, he arrived at the west courtyard and gently pushed the door open.

The scent of flowers pervaded in the breeze was different from the smell of grass. It was rich yet it wouldn't overwhelm one's nostrils. After he inhaled, it seemed to carry a hint of sweetness on the tongue.

Yu Pin Yan's cold and solemn face appeared to ease imperceptibly as he quietly walked over to the carved bed that had the strongest scent, and flicked open the layers of curtain.

His martial arts skills were exceptional that he was able to see clearly in the dark. It revealed a lump under the red blanket and a sweet, beautiful face on the pillow as a fragrance like the scent of lotus escaped from her red lips.

Yu Pin Yan stared at the young girl's pink cherry lips. His face approached closer until the tip of their nose touched and their breath intertwined. Just then, there was a rustling noise outside and a tiny light from a candle could be seen approaching towards them.

Yu Pin Yan did not budge nor did he pull away from her. Both of his hands were placed on the girl's cheeks as he gazed deeply at her.

"Mar... Marquis?" Liu Lu cried out in alarm as she held onto the oil candle and immediately rubbed her eyes. What is the Marquis doing? Is he kissing Young Miss? She wanted to approach closer to have a better look but she saw the Marquis turned his head slightly and gestured to be silent.

Liu Lu didn't dare to move and stood stiffly at the same spot.

At this time, Yu Xiang raised half an eyelid and mumbled, "Elder Brother? You are back?" In a half asleep manner, the snow-white and floral scented arms naturally wrapped around her Elder Brother's neck. She slightly tilted her head and snuggled into her elder brother's face. She let go a while later, embracing the blanket and squirmed inwards to vacate a space on the bed.