"There won't be trouble? It's only temporary." Yu Xiang laughed contemptuously as she played with the laozi[1], "I rule the manor like an iron barrel, and there's no place for her to interfere. Thus, she removed the rules that I have made, and then slowly supported her own trusted aides. When I was in charge of the manor, as long as one did their job well, they were treated the same as a servant of the same rank. Those with excellent abilities were given the opportunity to be promoted regardless of their background and connection. She can't be as impartial as I am. If you want the horses to run, you have to give them grass. By feeding her trusted aides, it will naturally cause others to starve. Once one is starving, they will be envious. Envy will lead to jealousy, and jealousy will cause trouble. Sooner or later our manor will be chaotic. It is like a blindfolded donkey, you just have to whip it and it will set its heart on turning the grindstone. However, once you take off the blindfold and let it see the beautiful world outside, how can it still pay attention to you? One can't even pull it back."

Tao Hong was dumbfounded and asked, "Young Miss, are you not going to do something about it? At least give her a heads-up! No one will be pleased if the manor is in chaos!"

Liu Lu scowled at her and mouth the words 'foolish girl'.

Yu Xiang scratched her scalp with the tip of the needle and sneered, "Foolish girl, how can Grandmother not perceive what I was able to perceive? A mistake by Yu Miao Qi is equivalent to a mistake by Lin Shi. Grandmother is just waiting to catch Lin Shi in the act. Think about it, in the 7 rules, how many of them has she already broken? Disobedient to parents[2], doesn't take care of her relatives, not teaching her children, jealous[3] and talking too much[4]. If she was in another family, she would have been divorced long ago. It's because Grandmother is softhearted, and doesn't have time to do anything all these few years, that is why she let her off. Just wait and see if they make a mistake this time, Grandmother will not be lenient. One will be divorced and the other will either be locked up for a few years or married far away.

After Tao Hong heard this, she was rendered speechless and no longer dared to say anything more.

  ---------

In the main courtyard, the Old Madam also received the news that Yu Miao Qi didn't make a big move but only rescinded two rules that weren't carrying much weight. She sighed sorrowfully to Ma Momo, "I thought she would be scheming but yet she really lacks the foresight. It is true that the two rescinded rules aren't important, yet she does not give them a second thought: The servants are under constant management, and there is a clear division of labour for their jobs. However, she has now suddenly taken away the power of control, causing the division of labour to become unclear, order would cease to exist as to who should be responsible for matters. Wouldn't that cause people to be uncertain? You push me, I push you. There will be no one to perform the job, and sooner or later there will be chaos in the manor. It's like a horse that is galloping with its belly clenched. When you suddenly release the force that is holding it, it would slacken instantly and inevitably trip over its own hooves. The management of the food and kitchen is also a discipline. The way of which is similar to the governance of the country. The way of ruling the country is clear if the country is strict. If the country is biased, chaos will arise. In the end, Yu Miao Qi can't be compared to Xiang'er!"

Ma Momo agreed in response, "That's natural. Miss Xiang'er was hand-taught by you and the Marquis after all. Ordinary people can't compare."

The Old Madam's mood eased a bit and she said in a soft tone, "After all, the Shen family is a merchant family. They are short-sighted and the children they teach are really not up to standard."

Ma Momo nodded her head in agreement.

The two of them, however, did not know that it wasn't the Shen family which failed to discipline, but it was that they didn't dare to discipline. Just look at Shen Yuan Qi, among thousands of people, he was also extremely outstanding. In the end, Yu Miao Qi was just held too high by the Shen family, and that accidentally caused her to fail due to excessive praise, which explained why she was like this now.