Lin Shi was so ashamed that she didn't dare to look up yet she still bit her lips relentlessly. Yu Si Yu's mother had ruined her dreamlike beautiful marital life and she had been kind enough not tossing Yu Si Yu to the countryside to fend for herself, so how could she still give her dowry?

Realizing an opportunity, Yu Miao Qi got up from the ground with difficulty and gently pulled Lin Shi's sleeve.

Old Madam didn't care whether Lin Shi was willing or not. Since she dared to come in the door and stirred trouble today, Old Madam would be bound to gouge out a few pieces of her flesh and blood before letting her go. She opened the ledger, her finger continuously pointed, "These four shops on Wuli Pai, Yuqing Street, Ningwang Street and Huanniao Lane, along with three country estate in Shanghe Village, Xiahe Village and Yangjiaping, plus two hundred hectares of fertile fields will all given to Si Yu as dowry. In another year or so, Si Yu ought to get married."

Hearing that, Lin Shi was so angry that her eyes almost popped out. She remembered those were the most lucrative shops and estates even if she didn't manage her household for a long time which all the remaining shops and estates added up could not match with these few. It would be forcibly digging out a piece of her heart with unceasing trickling of blood if these were truly given to Yu Si Yu.

Before she could open her mouth to refute, Yu Si Yu quickly got up and curtsied with a smile, "Thank you Grandmother and Mother! Si Yu will not dare to forget such a favor and profound affection." This was truly the idiom when the snipe and clam grapple, it's the fisherman who stands to profit[3]. She was getting exhilaratingly pleased.

Old Madam rarely found her somewhat pleasing to the eyes and waved her hand, "Good. You go back. When you get married, I'll let your mother take out the title deeds."

Yu Si Yu repeatedly acceded and hurriedly left without looking at Lin Shi, lest there would be unforeseen changes if she walked too slowly.

Shortly after taking a seat, Yu Miao Qi knelt down again and sincerely pleaded for her mother. She didn't expect Yu Xiang to dig such a big pit and lure her to jump. No wonder she didn't modify and make up the shortfall before the 21st years of Chengkang's reign, instead carelessly left it for others' to probe.

It was also Lin Shi's and her own hastiness to deal with her, otherwise it wouldn't have come to this. It turned out that Marquis manor was actually in precarious before her return, yet Lin Shi was like a transparent person who was completely aloof and unconcerned. This temperament was truly weak to the extreme that even the Shen family was a hundred times stronger than her.

While kowtowing, Yu Miao Qi reflected on herself as she profoundly felt that she needed to understand a lot more and mustn't rush forward so rashly like today.

Seeing her resoundingly knocking her head, Lin Shi felt extremely distressed as she hurriedly pulled her up and knelt down herself.

What Old Madam most annoyed was the show of mother-daughter's deep affection. If you still have motherly love for your child, what have you been doing in the past 14 years? You only nodded your head with the words 'I know' when Yan'er was on the verge of death due to poisoning. Who are you acting for now?

Not only did her expression not soften, instead it became even noticeably gloomy as Old Madam sneered, "Don't kowtow anymore. I dare not accept your deferential salutations. Yan'er refuses to accept your things means he also refuses to acknowledge you, so are you happy now? From now on, you can keep your dowry and live a good life with Yu Miao Qi. All that's remaining with you are only a pile of dead things and her. Oh, wrong, you still have Jun Jie's memorial tablet, but you've cast Yan'er unattended for 14 years. Do you dare to kneel in front of Jun Jie's tomb and personally ask how he would look upon you? Assist one' husband and teach the children, spare no pains to run one's home - which have you accomplished? Just wait till Jun Jie finds you to settle the score when you go to the nether world!"