Her Di younger brother was now living independently from the clan family and had long lost all the few remaining family possessions, hence he would come to Marquis Yongle manor to scrounge from time to time. As Yu Xiang was using Lin Shi's dowry, she was very generous in giving him money every time he came over which caused this little uncle to bow and scrape in flattery wherever he saw her, as if he was treating his ancestor. Lin Shi, however, knew nothing about these.

Seeing her gloomy face, Yu Miao Qi didn't dare ask more questions. Inwardly she thought to find out more about the situation from Jin Momo, hence she smiled, "Then let's make it another day. I won't hide from Mother, I've often helped the Shen's with book keeping when I was in the Shen family, so I can still lend a hand if Mother is too busy."

"Oh? How can my daughter be so capable? That sentiment is good. Let's immediately check these ledgers carefully and if there's a problem, we'll take them to the ancestor to dissent."

Lin Shi took out all the ledgers and checked them from the beginning according to the year marked on the spine, while Yu Miao Qi picked up the abacus and calculated line by line with an amazing speed.

As both mother and daughter had the thought of picking fault, every number was repeatedly checked where halfway through, several deficits which amounted enormously were truly found by them.

Both mother and daughter immediately became spirited and following that direction, the cumulative deficit actually reached an inconceivable extent. Even five thriving shops in the Capital were sold for no reason while the silvers obtained were nowhere to be found.

Lin Shi was so furious that her teeth rattled as she slammed the table and cursed furiously, "What a little bastard who actually dares to sell my dowry privately! It's no wonder she's living in such luxury which turns out she has dug into my flesh and blood to make it! Very good! Jin Momo, take all these ledgers to the ancestor and call the Marquis along. I want that little bastard to spit out everything that she took from me in front of them!"

Jin Momo solemnly complied. She ordered two pozi to carry the ledgers and leave.

Lowering her head slightly, Yu Miao Qi covered her gloating smile at the corner of her mouth with a handkerchief. This Yu Xiang is really daring enough to actually swallow the enormous amount of a hundred thousand taels all these time that unbeknownst where she had spent it. If she's forced to spit it all out, it'll be a really ugly sight! When she thought about those silvers which were supposed to be her dowry which had all been embezzled by that bastard, her eyes grew colder and her joy faded.

Lin Shi pulled her up to leave when she suddenly regained her mindfulness as she waved her hand, "Wait, I'll put on the purse that grandmother gave me." Taking out the purse from the sewing box, she randomly picked a piece of paper and put it in. She then tied it around her waist and followed Lin Shi to the main courtyard.

In the west wing courtyard, Yu Xiang had just returned after she completed the scriptures reading with Old Madam. She teased the parrot, Ah Lu, under the porch for a while and replanted the sprouted peony from the flower bed into a pot then had her face washed before half leaning on the soft couch for a rest.

Looking at the hourglass, Liu Lu realized it was the hour when her master usually took her afternoon nap, thus she walked gingerly over to remove the silk flower pearl hairpin and other ornaments on her head.

"Leave it on. It will not be a snag as I'll half lean and sleep for two quarters of an hour." Yu Xiang raised her hand to stop her.

"It's more convenient to have it removed, so you can lie down and sleep comfortably. Sitting like this will cause your back pain when you get up later."