Lin Shi could only gritted her teeth and agreed.

It was clear that she was finally at the helm of the family, yet Lin Shi seemed to have lost a battle as she walked erratically with no strength. Yu Miao Qi was standing under the porch to greet her. Seeing this sight, she urgently asked, "Mother, did Grandmother refuse?"

"No, the ancestor has agreed." Lin Shi pulled her daughter into the room. All the maidservants were dismissed except Jin Momo who remained to guard the door once they both seated and got closer to each other for a private chat.

"Mother, you are unaware of how unreasonable Yu Xiang is. She went so far as to warn right in front of me not to get close to elder brother. On what grounds? That's my elder brother, not hers!" Yu Miao Qi began to shed tears again as she talked about this and continued, "I happened to meet elder brother on my way and told him about this, but he actually laughed and walked away, not treating me like a family member at all. I really felt bitterly disappointed!"

"Nothing to worry about, you still have Mother!" Lin Shi was extremely furious inwardly, yet she had no choice but to put her arms around her daughter and patted her, "Mother will be taking charge in the future, so you won't have to look at her face anymore. Mother will definitely find you a good husband that you can be prideful and happy with, and also attain extreme wealth. Your elder brother is now the highest rank cavalry general, holding a million military power that even the princes have to give a little precedence when they meet, not to mention those nobilities. Based on our family status, you can even marry a prince or any royal descendants and be a Zhengfei[1]. Why bother with a cripple? She will not marry illustrious in this lifetime. After your elder brother gets married, I will set up a small house then send her away to the village and randomly match her to any stewards, page boys or villagers. The ancestor and your elder brother will only think about the new wife and their newborn son, so how can they still care about her? Just watch, she may be formidable now but will definitely not end up well in the future."

Yu Miao Qi indeed felt relieved hearing this and spoke with a smile through her tears, "It still Mother who treats me the best. I didn't expect my elder brother to be a great cavalry general but only know that he is some All Commander."

She did not understand the current political standings and thought that the cavalry general's authority was greater than an All Commander, hence she was more determined to form a better relationship with Yu Pin Yan. Since Yu Xiang feared that she would snatch Yu Pin Yan away, then she would insist on giving it a try.

As the Department of Command and Envoys was only established by the Emperor in recent years, Lin Shi had never heard of it before, so she shook her head and said, "Mother also doesn't know what an All Commander is. Probably a second or third rank official, so that your elder brother will not be idle when he is not at war. Since your elder brother is so powerful and favored by the imperial family, that bastard will naturally want to hold him tightly which is a good plan. Child, you should also get along well with your elder brother and let him know who's his biological Di younger sister. Although Mother can help you out a little in the inner manor, your future is still dependent on your elder brother."

"Daughter knows." Yu Miao Qi nodded her head repeatedly and spoke after deliberating for a long time, "Mother, can you send someone to check on Shen Yuan Qi, the current academic top scholar?"

"Why check on him all of the sudden, did you fancy him? The top scholar's name does sound good, but he's still not good enough for my precious daughter!" Lin Shi covered her mouth and laughed.

Yu Miao Qi's face alternated from flush to pale as she waved her hand, "No, daughter suspects that he is the Di son of the Shen family who is formerly my elder brother. If it's really him, I'm afraid he might tell the world about this daughter's past or try to get on our Marquis manor's good graces thus, we have to guard against him. Mother might not be aware, he is now the Bachelor of Attendance at the Imperial Academy[2] and is staying in the Capital.