Opening the brocade box sent by Bao Sheng, Yu Si Yu found a set of extremely exquisite eight-treasured jade inlaid with gold hair ornaments which was heavy on the hand and rather dazzling.

She happily sent Bao Sheng away and looked at Qiu Shi triumphantly, "See, this is to win me over. She is indeed soft-tempered and easy to control. With her serving as my tool, Yu Xiang will have to suffer in the future."

Soft-tempered? Shaking her head, Qiu Shi lifted the curtain and walked out. Though Yu Miao Qi appeared gently soft and unblemished, her eyes were truly impure with a hostile air about them. If entangled with her, the eldest miss will die without even knowing how.The eldest young miss had never trusted her anyway, so she would just say less.

Yu Miao Qi walked along a dimly lit path, with towering trees on both sides. In the past, the Shen family was also a magnate. There were pavilions, terraces and pagodas towering aloft everywhere in the residence which were glorious. She had thought the Shen family was not inferior to other families except for their lower status. Only after returning to Marquis manor did she realize that both were more than different, they were simply worlds apart.

There weren't any exquisite carved beams or painted rafters in the Marquis manor, as it was mostly all rigid orthodox square buildings. The colors were not the usual gold, green, red or blue used by the rich, but rather the dull greenish-gray. Even the plants in the compounds were mostly giant trees instead of flowery plants.

However, such a simple structure brought others a grandiose momentum that swallowed everything up, making them feel extremely small within it. Walking towards Lin Shi's room, Yu Miao Qi looked up at the bestial shaped tiles on the porch with the widely-opened mouth seemingly able to swallow her in a gulp.

She shook away her thoughts, feeling both frightened and joyful. So this was the so-called century-old prominent family and she would be this family Di young miss, henceforth with a greater and splendid future. Anyone who stands in her way would be her enemy and must be removed by any possible means.

After standing still for quite a while, her state of mind calmed down. Walking towards Lin Shi's room, she ordered Bao Sheng to send something to Yu Si Yu.

"My child, you are back. There are several bales of fabrics here. Come and take a look. I'll ask the tailor to make you a few sets of spring clothing once we match the designs and colors." Seeing her daughter back, Lin Shi greeted her happily.

Yu Miao Qi walked over to inspect those fabrics. Those were all precious Shu brocade but the patterns and colors were a bit old-fashioned which caused an inevitable frown.

Somewhat affected inwardly, Lin Shi busily explained, "These are Mother's satin saved a few years ago, which are all articles of tribute and extremely precious. Although the patterns and colors are not up-to-date, they are still feasible making into a few dresses." She waved her hand at Jin Momo after saying that, "Go and summon the shopkeeper of Jin Xiu House over. Tell her to just bring the most expensive jewelry and fabrics for my daughter to pick."

Jin Momo left upon receiving the order while Lin Shi pulled out a bale of fabrics and matched it against her daughter's body unceasingly.

Yu Miao Qi dismissed all the maidservants in the room before lowering her voice and asked, "Mother, how did Yu Si Yu know about my origins?"

"Ah, I actually forgot about this if you didn't mention it!" Lin Shi's face changed drastically, "She happened to hear my discussion with your grandmother about sending Yu Xiang away back then."

"Mother, she even asked me today why I didn't let the Shen family take Yu Xiang away. I was so shocked that I couldn't find words to reply to her for a moment. Mother, what will happen if she spreads the news about me and how can daughter face others in the future?" Yu Miao Qi took out a handkerchief to wipe off her tears. After pondering over it for a long time, she finally decided to tell and let Lin Shi handle Yu Si Yu. Since she had just returned home, her foothold was not stable yet, so it would be extremely difficult for her to get rid of Yu Si Yu but easier for Lin Shi to do it.