"Yes, she has even changed out of the plain white clothes and dressed in a red gilded floral dress. She keeps mumbling the words 'truly miss, daughter' and so on." An absolutely plain little maidservant solemnly reported.

When she accidentally cut the stem of the blossoming rose, Yu Xiang held the stalk up and waved her hand, "It's alright, you can leave." She already knew what she should and shouldn't know. She didn't plant anyone around Lin Shi but merely bribed several maidservants in-charge of menial tasks to guard against Lin Shi from stirring trouble. After today, perhaps she should increase more spies as there would probably be huge changes in Yu manor.

Liu Lu secretly handed two silver liang to the little maidservant and ordered her to leave quietly through the side door. When she turned back, she curiously asked, "Young Miss, Madam has never smiled or gone out in the past 14 years. What actually is going on with her today? Could her mind possibly have been enlightened after she hanged herself?"

"Her mind didn't get enlightened, but due to an emotional anchor. Once a person has the emotional anchor, her mental outlook will naturally become different." Yu Xiang plucked the rose petals into an earthen bowl. Though she was smiling, her eyes were utterly gloomy.

Looking quietly at her expression, Liu Lu didn't dare ask anymore questions.

In a blink of an eye, four years had passed. Yu Xiang had long forebode the return of the rightful owner. The indifference mentality she had in the beginning was now replaced with apprehension. She didn't covet anything that belonged to the Yu family, she merely wanted to stay by Yu Pin Yan's side. Originally, she was just a roaming soul. If it wasn't for Yu Pin Yan, she wouldn't have taken root in another world with ease. If the rightful owner's return meant her departure, it would mean digging and nipping her roots off that sooner or later, she would wither then die.

She was not weak. She just liked attaching herself and lived with Yu Pin Yan where she could feel at ease and happy. In the beginning she was magnanimous when she said all would return to their own place, but once this happened, she realized she would fight her utmost against whoever dared to snatch her elder brother.

Although the Shen family was her blood related kin, they had never raised her. Why should she willingly leave with them when they come? Did she have any affection for them?

Mashing the rose petals with a small hammer, she poured the bright red flower nectar into the mixture of beeswax, lard and spices then stirred carefully. Sticking a finger into the paste, she smeared it evenly on her lips against the bronze mirror. The intense red lips gently burst into a sweet yet dismal smile:

She could give whatever the rightful owner wanted except her elder brother. In this lifetime, elder brother could only be hers. As for the people of the Shen family, they could just go back to where they came from. She didn't care about the formidable power nor the unrivalled wealth of Yu family, she only cherished her elder brother. As long as she could be with him, she would be content even if the future was perilous and unpredictable, whether they would end up badly with the confiscation of the family's assets or his peerage stripped and thrown aside once his purposes were served.

Hearing that Shen Miao Qi was temporarily residing in Shui Yue Nunnery, Old Madam sent over a confidant Momo to teach her various etiquettes.

At this moment, it was drizzling and humid which brought a sense of clammy stuffiness in the air. Shen Miao Qi had knelt for 47 times but her posture was not up to standard yet, thus she had to repeat for the 48th time. Her knees, thighs and calf bones were in intense pain. She just wanted to find a soft couch to lie down immediately. However, Shen Miao Qi didn't complain, merely apologized obediently to the momo and started over again.