Shen Miao Qi still had a Di elder brother named, Shen Yuan Qi who since then shouldered the livelihood of the family. He signed an irrevocable contract and became a slave to a large local family. Using the money that he sold himself into slavery, he rented a small house for Mother Shen and his younger sister.

When Mother Shen most needed someone to take care due to her critical illness, Shen Miao Qi stole the last remaining twelve silver liang in the house one afternoon and ran away. She took only a few sets of clothing and a piece of the swaddling clothes. Mother Shen might have probably told her about her identity due to her unbearable inner guilt, which in return received such an unrelenting determined treatment.

When Mother Shen couldn't find her or the silvers, she immediately vomited several mouthfuls of blood and passed away a few days later. Since then, the Shen brother and sister parted ways.

Shen Miao Qi was committed to head for the Capital. Halfway through the journey, she encountered some trade caravans. Spending two silver liang, she traveled in their carriage. However, they unexpectedly were plundered by bandits. The company of travelling merchants were either dead or wounded while Shen Miao Qi hid under the carriage. Just when she ran into misfortune, she was rescued by Zhao An Shun and family who were on their way to report for work in the Capital.

She voluntarily sold herself to Zhao family's young miss as a maidservant with the plan of going to the Capital with them.

Thinking that she could finally set her mind at ease, Zhao An Shun who was extremely upright and outspoken unexpectedly offended his superior, thus the promotion opportunity that he had waited for eight years was transferred and given to another fellow official.

After receiving the letter from his superior, Zhao An Shun had no choice but to turn back when he was halfway on the journey and resumed his position as the perfectural magistrate of Yunzhou. Not only was Shen Miao Qi not getting closer to the Capital, instead she was going further away. As she was already scared out of her wits with banditry at that moment, she dared not travel alone and could only stay with the Zhao family, awaiting a chance.

This turned into a four years wait.

As Zhao An Shun was holding a post in the remote and bitter cold place like Yunzhou, he had no involvement with any of those major forces in the Capital. Those few hundred catties of charcoals had been transported to the Taoist temple half a month ago while the Zhao family were still on their journey. The Crown Princess appeared precisely when Shen Miao Qi added a piece of charcoal in the fire. As a matter of fact, thirty to forty people added charcoal into the fire that day but the only most unlucky one was Shen Miao Qi.

Yu Pin Yan didn't speak for a long time after closing the file.

The two Dragon Scaled guards silently presented a piece of the swaddling clothes. Since they had made a thorough investigation of what Shen Miao Qi had been through, they naturally knew Madam Shen and the Marquis Madam both gave birth in the cave. Soon after, Father Shen concealed his tracks all the way back to Lingnan and avoided doing business with the influential officials of the Capital. They already had some conjectures on certain matters, until they saw this piece of swaddling clothes and recalled those words that Shen Miao Qi shouted in prison, everything became clear. No matter how rich the Shen family was, there was no way they could obtain this article of bestowment from the Imperial Palace.

The Dragon Scaled guard was the most powerful and influential knife held by the Emperor. They grasped the most hidden and strict confidential secrets of many officials which mustn't be known by outsiders and if their mouths were not reliable, they would surely be dead.

Since Yu Pin Yan was bold enough to let them investigate, he naturally was not afraid of them knowing. He took the swaddling clothes and briefly looked over it before tossing it aside.