The servants answered loudly and went out to look for sticks.

If they stayed any longer, not only would they be beaten up, but their reputation would also be ruined. With their heads buried and their faces covered, Duke Jingguo and Duchess Jingguo flee as if they were escaping.

The Old Madam was filled with anger and had nowhere to vent. She slammed the table and sternly questioned, "You already know of this? Why didn't you tell me? If I had known Chang Ya Fu was so unrestrained, I would have cancelled this engagement when old Duke Jingguo was still alive. How could I have tolerated her for so many years?! No, I'll immediately cancel the engagement when she takes off her mourning attire next month. That's outrageous!" Recalling that she was almost persuaded by the Duchess Jingguo to agree with the marriage, she suddenly broke out in cold sweat.

Yu Pin Yan gently patted her back and said in a warm voice, "Now, I have told you, you are still angry. If I told you back then, wouldn't you be so mad at her that you would be lying in bed for months? How could grandson bear to see that?"

For a moment, the Old Madam was so distraught and hateful that she gritted her teeth. She took her grandson's hands and wiped her tears. How much had this child suffered while she was unaware of this? She can't even imagine it! How could his grandfather have arranged such a bad marriage? When she arrived at Yellow Spring[1], she would look for that old fool and settle accounts with him!

Yu Pin Yan smiled slightly as he wiped the Old Madam's tears. When Xiang'er knew of this, she was more agitated than her grandmother, and even took out the dagger he had given her saying that she will stab Chang Ya Fu. It was enough to have two people by his side who treated him wholeheartedly. It was only after many years of hard work when he really figured out what should be completely given up, and what he had to cherish and firmly held on to.

The Old Madam and her grandson remained silent for a while, which made her feel much better. When she saw that his hair was half drenched and his clothes had been changed, she was about to ask him why he would bathe on such a cold day. However, she saw a Dragon Scale guard rush in and reported, "Commander, the Crown Prince has asked for you to hurry over!"

The Old Madam felt that the situation wasn't good and urged her grandson to quickly leave.

It was said that after the Crown Princess had the "Dragon and Phoenix" Qian drawn by Yu Xiang, her mood became good. She was taking a short rest in the side room of the back hall and looked at the spring rain outside. She saw several plum blossom trees with tiny bright red buds[1], which were particularly lovely stained with water drops. Disregarding the hindrance of the palace servant stopping her to do so, she even held an oil-paper umbrella to look for plums.

As she strolled the edge of plum forest, she could see a hanging flower gate, opposite it was the courtyard where ordinary people live. Although it occupied a small area, it was crowded with seven or eight households. The weather in Spring was now cold. One wouldn't feel cold when the sun was out. But when it was raining, it was bitterly cold. In addition, the top of the mountain was even colder than on the plain. It was impossible to live without burning charcoal.

The Taoist children were afraid that the Taoist pilgrims would fall ill from the cold. They piled up a lot of charcoal in one corner of the courtyard and burned a large pot of roaring fire on the side, so that anyone who wanted to burn the charcoal bowl could come to get a spark for themselves.

A beautiful maidservant was adding charcoal to the large fire pot while adding sparks into the fire pot she had brought with her, lest the fire be extinguished when others came.

As soon as the charcoal entered the fire pan, it made a crackling sound and also emitted thick smoke which made the girl cough non-stop.

The Crown Princess covered her mouth and nose, and was about to turn around when she heard the female physician attending to her suddenly shouted, "It's bad, the smoke smells unusual!"