Yu Pin Yan was now fighting far away in the North West. If he returned victorious after the battle, he wouldn't only inherit the mantle of the old Marquis Yongle, but also become a General of Valiant Cavalry and in charge of millions of troops. He was the Crown prince's most trusted subordinates and the most reliable aid. In terms of personal relationship, his status wasn't any less compared to that of a legitimate brother. As a result of this relationship, the Old Madam had just passed a message and the Crown Princess sent someone to welcome them. The Madams who couldn't enter were so envious that their eyes turned red.

After greeting each other, they sat and talked to each other.

"Have the Crown Princess drawn the 'Emperor stick'?" The Old Madam inquired curiously.

"No, none of the hundred and ten people who came with benggong today had picked the Emperor stick. It can be seen that I have no chance to meet with Master Ku Hai. Thus, I would wish for blessings and listened to the scriptures in the hall and returned back when it's time." The Crown Princess shook her head and laughed bitterly.

Master Ku Hai was a divine monk in the Han Dynasty. Anyone who was associated with the word "divine" had an unrestrained aura in his bones, his behaviors and speech reflected his own preference. Master Ku Hai's face reading was very accurate, and he could foretell the future of life and death. However, it wasn't up to anyone to receive a reading from him, it was up to fate.

Master Ku Hai asked a craftsman to make a huge rotatable Chien Tung, which was divided into two layers, and the centre was blocked by a partition board, and the box could hold 50,000 sticks in total[3]. The person who wanted to draw from the lot would have to first spin the Chien Tung, then remove the partition. Once the lots fell to the bottom layer, one would randomly pick up a stick. If the 'emperor stick' was chosen, it would signify that the person who picked the stick was predestined to meet with Master Ku Hai. He would have a chat with the said person and answer any question they asked.

There were fifty thousand sticks in and there was only one chance. In the 70 years since the founding of the Han Dynasty, only Emperor Sheng Zu was lucky enough to draw the 'Emperor stick'. Thus, every time Master Ku Hia returned to the capital for meditation, there would be waves of people who would visit Zhen Guo temple to pick out a stick. A few days ago, it was naturally the royal family that came, and the next few days after was the noble's turn. If a commoner wished to enter, they had to wait until all the dignitaries in the capital had been there.

The Old Madam and Crown Princess both sighed at once. Seeing that Crown Princess' and the Empress' families had already drawn the lot, she then brought Yu Xiang in.

"I'm responsible for turning the Chien Tung, and you are responsible for picking the sticks. When the sticks drop, do not hesitate and just pick up one that looks good to you. This is about whether we are predestined to meet him or not, don't hope for too much." The Old Madam reminded her softly.

Yu Xiang nodded in agreement.

They put their hands together and chanted "May the Bodhisattva bless me" to themselves. The Crown Princess and a group of noble madams stood to the side anxiously waiting.

The Chien Tung was very heavy, and the Old Madam had only spun twice before she was already sweating all over. She managed to turn it the third time before pulling out the partition. There was a burst of clatter, when the bamboo sticks dropped like raindrops. A young monk extended his hand and said, "Please choose one within two breaths. If you choose after two breaths, it would mean that you are not predestined to meet Master."

It was impossible to cheat if you choose one between two breaths. Yu Xiang didn't wait for all the bamboo sticks to fall, she grabbed one from the air and passed it to the young monk.