"How dare you! Do you know who I am? I'm Qinghe Junzhu[1] and my father is Prince Yu!" After getting pushed, she staggered and hissingly shouted out loud.

"So what if you are a Junzhu? We have won this lantern fair and square that could be regarded as a bestowment from the Empress. What's the idea of you coming over to snatch without even asking and to capture other people's maidservants without a reason in this imperial garden? Is it possible that as a Junzhu, you can surpass the Empress as well as the laws of the Great Han Dynasty?" Yu Xiang took the lantern from Little Qiu'er and extended her hand over the surface of the river as she smiled contemptuously, "I would rather toss it into the river to feed the fishes than giving it to you for nothing. If you are capable, you can come and snatch it."

The lantern was getting closer to the surface of the river that if she was to step forward to snatch it, she would probably have fallen in and instead become the food for the fishes. Qinghe Junzhu couldn't utter a single word. She was shaking with anger that her quivering finger pointed at Yu Xiang. Her father, Prince Yu was the Emperor's younger paternal uncle who was in control of 800 thousands soldiers. He could be regarded as one of the powerful and influential meritorious nobility in the Great Han Dynasty, thus everyone would flatter her no matter where she went. However, this little cripple dared to rebuke and even suppress her today. This was truly absurd!

"Which family are you..." She gritted her teeth and asked.

"You guess." Yu Xiang muffled her light laugh.

Little Qiu'er poked half her head out as she laughed too. She wasn't the least bit afraid anymore with lotus seed cake here.

Qinghe Junzhu fell backwards as she was so furious with the despicable attitude of these two. Just when she was about to fly into a rage, she saw the second Di daughter of Duke Jingguo manor, Chang Ya Fu coming over through the crowd and spoke with a soft voice, "Junzhu, do calm down. This is Marquis Yongle manor's younger sister Yu Xiang. I would like to request Junzhu not bicker with her for my sake.

Without waiting for Qinghe Junzhu's response, she stepped forward and squatted down in front of Yu Xiang while she patiently guided, "Xiang'er, elder sister has a set of white-jade bell phoenix hairpin embedded with a total of thirty six ornaments that was meticulously pieced and handcrafted by the famous craftsman, Fu Xilin who was praised for his superb workmanship. Can this elder sister use that hairpin to swap with you? This lantern is passable now, but the inner surface will be covered with black oil after it is lighted for a long time and will not be as splendorous as it is now. The hairpin would be more practical." She squeezed Yu Xiang's fingers after she finished her words with an absolutely intimate approach.

[1] Jùn zhǔ (郡主) - County Lord / Princes' daughter, imperial relatives' daughter or meritorious official's daughter

If it was the former 'Yu Xiang', she naturally would be willing to swap the not very useful lantern for a set of exquisite ornaments. However, the current Yu Xiang was nevertheless willful and she would rather throw or break her own stuff than allow others to own it. She merely looked at the young girl with a slight smile, "Who are you? Do I know you?"

The young girl's complexion turned ghastly pale with her mouth opened yet unable to respond.

"Yu Xiang, this is the elder sister, Fu'er, who is engaged to our elder brother. You don't even recognize our future elder sister-in-law?" Yu Si Yu marched forward as she explained.

It would have been better if she didn't explain. The young girl's expression became more awkward once the words were out.

Yu Xiang quickly rummaged through 'Yu Xiang' memories where a moment later, she managed to ferret out some information from a corner of her mind. This elder sister Fu'er was the second Di daughter of Duke Jingguo manor and she indeed had a marriage contract with Yu Pin Yan. She had visited Marquis manor twice or thrice in the past years but when the dispute in seizing the peerage title got intensified later, she didn't come anymore. Yu Xiang had never met her, so she naturally would not recognize her. From her recollection, she knew that her grandmother was furious with this granddaughter-in-law who intended to break off the engagement then, that she had fallen sick for more than a month.