頭面頂禮七俱胝 With heads and faces bowed to the seven Kotie

我今稱讚大准提 We now are praising the great Cundi

惟願慈悲垂加護 Only Wishing what we receive his merciful protection"

(Mantra Cundi) Namo sa to nan, san miao san pu to... Old Madam closed her eyes and repeatedly chanted several verses of the Tranquil Mind Mantra, to restore her serenity.

After all she was still the Marquis manor's lineage hence she should not be allowed to wander about in destitute not knowing of her life and death. That monk however might not even have any cultivation and could even possibly have miscalculated. No matter good or bad, further judgement would be observed upon her return. Old Madam devotedly kowtowed towards the Buddha and straightened her back while her eyes darkened.

Yu Xiang had been longing for days and nights, and her longings were finally over with Yu Pin Yan's return. The youth had unconsciously turned into her spiritual sustenance as his existence gave her unparalleled comfort.

Yu Xiang was half reclined on the soft divan beside the window and was anxiously glancing outside after she dispatched Liu Lu to enquire about the homecoming of Yu Pin Yan.

Flowers and plants filled the little courtyard. Violet datura climbed on the walls around the courtyard, the white jasmine was fluttering along with the wind at the bottom of the walls, several pomegranate trees were flourishing in full bloom while large heads of sunflowers were crammed along the corridor resembling little suns. The sight of those dazzling colours along with the wafting fragrance aroused one's lingering enchantment.

A paradise was created by Yu Xiang in this open and spacious courtyard in just briefly two months time. She could only do gardening, read books, practiced calligraphy and played musical instruments to pass her time since she had limited mobility. She was an expert in growing flowers and plants in her previous life, however in this lifetime, unknowingly the seed would survive and grow beautifully regardless how fastidious it was as long as it was personally planted by her.

Looking at the sight, she was even more keen tending the flowers and plants. Old Madam came to visit her several times and would always be reluctant to leave the moment she stepped into the courtyard, hence soon after, she ordered people to search for many exotic flowers and rare herbs seeds for Yu Xiang.

Yu Xiang would also return the favours and send over the best plants or flowers to Old Madam's courtyard. As such, their relationship gradually became closer that those past estrangement and misunderstanding slowly dissolved.

While she was pleasantly enjoying the fragrance of the flowers, Cui Xi lifted the door curtain and reported, "Young Miss, Miss Qin is here to see you."

This Miss Qin was the Shu daughter of Earl Zhongyong and was twelve this year. She was not favored in the Earl manor. As 'Yu Xiang' was neglected by Lin Shi and lacked the guidance from the Old Madam all these years, she felt inferior compared to those young noble miss of equivalent family status thus unable to play together. On the contrary she liked to make friends with those insignificant girls from declined families as she enjoyed the feeling of being adulated.

Ms Qin was her only boudoir close friend.

Skimming through 'Yu Xiang' memory, she could not help but sneer. The little girl was rather pitiful as her only close friend was actually a bad person that she still happily clung onto. Few more years later, this character would have advanced into a vicious female supporting character that was dedicated to set off the kindness and beauty of the female lead.

What bad ending would 'Yu Xiang' have had she not transmigrated over? Yu Xiang's expression turned gloomy when she thought of that and beckoned her hand, "Let her in."