"Crown Prince, you exaggerated. You were aware of the situation too, otherwise my warnings would have been useless no matter how much I urged." Yu Pin Yan did not claim the credit or even mention his younger sister's dream. The Imperial family was oversuspicious by nature and should it be revealed, this would certainly be regarded as a calamity and not a blessing for Xiang'er.

"I do indeed have a definite idea. Pin Yan, but many thanks." The Crown Prince gave Pin Yan's shoulder a tight squeeze, expressing his feelings of debt.

Both of them clasped their hands firmly. Soon after, everyone mounted their steeds and hurriedly circled back. As the detour would delay the journey for at least two days, the Crown Prince sent a messenger to deliver a letter to the Emperor, explaining the reason.

Early next morning, Marquis Yongle manor also received Yu Pin Yan's letter. After reading the letter, Old Madam's complexion turned ghastly pale, and she repeatedly cried out, "Its Buddha's blessings!"

"Old Madam, what's the matter? Did the Young Marquis..." Ma Momo dared not finish the sentence - her words trailed off.

"Yan'er is fine." Old Madam rose unsteadily to her feet. Dashing to the Buddha's statue on the altar, she bowed three times. She then passed the letter to Ma Momo. Heart still fluttering with fear and said, "It was extremely hair-raising. I was already scared stiff and covered in cold sweat just by reading the letter!"

Ma Momo quickly finished reading the letter. She shuddered suddenly, then leaned in close to Old Madam's ear and whispered, "Old Madam, do you still remember the words Second Young Miss cried out before Young Marquis' departure? Cui Xi said that Second Young Miss dreamt that Young Marquis had been flushed away by mud and rocks, thus she refused to let Young Marquis leave. Look. Doesn't it coincide with the contents of the letter?"

"Elder brother, if it is raining heavily, immediately stop. You must not hasten on with the journey! Please remember, you must not hasten on with the journey!" Those words kept echoing in Old Madam's mind and her eyes widened.

"Si." Old Madam sucked in a breath of cold air. She raised her legs and walked out, "Go find Xiang'er and ask what she had dream about yesterday."

Yu Xiang could not sleep the whole night, afraid of closing her eyes and dreaming of the scene of Yu Pin Yan's death while repeatedly mulling over in the case of Yu Pin Yan's death; how would she continue to survive and feel frigidly cold the more she pondered. The pillar of Marquis Yongle manor was condemned to death by her, thus Lin Shi and Old Madam would undoubtedly not be able to tolerate her. In this era, women that were exiled from their family clan would have no means of subsistence, let alone someone paralyzed like her. She would probably starve to death on the street within two days leaving the manor.

When Old Madam arrived and saw her, she was half leaning on the divan and moping listlessly. Her complexion was sallow, hair dishevelled and sunken bloodshot eyes. From her appearance, it was obvious she had not slept at all. When she heard their footsteps, she stiffly turned her head and asked hoarsely, "How's my elder brother? Is there any news?"

Though she was not of the Marquis' bloodline, she did grow up with Yan'er. Her affection towards him was unabashedly sincere. Why else would she have risked her life to save him or be this plagued with worries?

After much deliberation, the prejudice and misunderstanding Old Madam harboured towards Yu Xiang partially diminished in an instant.

"Yan'er is fine," Old Madam spoke gently. "You had a nightmare yesterday and would not let Yan'er leave no matter what. What did you see in the dream? Do tell Grandmother."

Yu Xiang's deeply troubled heart was immediately settled down. Under Old Madam closely questioning, she described everything in detail. Yu Pin Yan's nominal age was sixteen this year and he'd just embarked on an official career. He was ruthless and vicious thus, would antagonize many people. As the one he pledged his loyalty to was the reigning Crown Prince, he would perhaps come across innumerable calamities in the future. If the Yu household did not take her words seriously, and merely regarded her as an annoying troublemaker who deliberately being provocative, then Yu Pin Yan would certainly not have such good luck next time.