The eight elders slowly opened their eyes. As they have lost most of their cultivations, their wrinkles on their faces became more prominent, and the posture of their bodies was slouching.

"Amitabha, we lived up to the benefactor's trust." The oldest monk stood up and went to the altar of the dharma to pick up the ice jade box.

The man also opened his eyes and said nothing. After three kowtows, he went to the front and took the bone that was as cold as bones.

The old monk took the lead to walk out of the main hall, and the rest of the people followed him to stand under a huge bodhi tree deep in the temple.

"Just put the lotus seeds in the water." The old monk pointed to a small pond five feet away from the tree.

The man didn't ask any questions. He carefully opened the lid of the box and held the lotus seeds with strong Buddhist fragrance in his palm. His solemn and devout expression seemed as if he was holding the whole world up.

But she is indeed his whole world, the reason for staying alive, and he is reluctant to let go.

After half an hour, the monks waited quietly, but the impatient young monk comforted in a low voice, "Let go of it, Mr Yu. There are eight uncle-masters[3] who have devoted their lives to cultivation. Miss Yu would be able to live a happy life in the next life, and everything will go well."

The man turned a deaf ear, he placed the lotus seeds tightly to his chest. His expression seems to show restraint. After several minutes, he walked to the pool step by step and bent down to release the lotus seed into the clear water. If it wasn't for the cremation of his sister's body when he woke up, how could he be willing to just send her into reincarnation. Even if the heavens were against him, he would revive her life again.

The surface of the water was rippling, which can be known as a miracle. Only a few pieces of green lotus leaves grew quickly after disrupting the ripples in the water. In two or three seconds, they are lush. There was a long thin stem of a pink flower bud swaying in the wind. It was stained with a few drops of crystal clear water, which looked lovely.

The fragrance of the Buddhist joss sticks in the ancient temple was replaced by the elegant lotus fragrance in an instant. Eight old monks placed their hands together and said "Amitabha".

The man who is well-known for his knowledge returned to his sense after a few seconds of stupor. For the first time, he softened his cold expression and sincerely said, "It took several masters all their lives. Yu Mou[4] is ashamed."

"Buddha cut off his own flesh to feed an eagle and renounced his body to feed a tiger. When one pursues what he desires without being covetous, who will repine? [5] We are the same. The female benefactor has been reincarnated and will be blessed with good luck, she would be born under the lucky star. It's late. Please return, benefactor." The old monk spoke expressionlessly.

The man thanked them again, stood for a long time at the edge of the pool and left reluctantly. When he walked out of the temple, he saw his mother waiting at the door, her expression was uneasy, and the dark and ominous spirit gathered between his eyebrows again. He will not let anyone who has persecuted her or caused harm to her, off!

Eight elders walked into the pagoda and sat around the authentic Buddhist relics. The heavy tower door creaked shut, and it was several years later that it opened again.

[1] 往生咒 - is for sincerely asking protection and blessings from Guan Yin Bodhisattva to grant a pleasant life in the present, and rebirth into the Pure Land in the future.

[2] They are the few verses of the Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra. I have decided not to translate it because it would be weird if I do so, in my opinion.