thirty - one

"on the way here, you told me that you had skittles!"

"please! instead of trying to torture me with tickles could we please talk it out? i'll buy you skittles later," george tried to reason. his voice was squeaky with a bit of fear because currently, clay looked crazy.

"but i wanted to watch the movie with skittles!" clay exclaimed, crossing his arms and forming a dramatic pout. his hair drooped over his face, making his face look more stupid.

george rolled his eyes, laughing, but keeping a good distance away from clay. "you're acting like such an idiot, babe, but please, i'll buy you some tomorrow if we just eat the popcorn and the other candy i have?"

clay looked over at their already-set-up blankets and pillows on the couch. "fine."

dramatically, he flopped down on the couch, but not missing george's little "you big baby", causing him to roll his eyes.

he opened his arms and george rested his back comfortably against clay's chest. clay wrapped his arms around the boy's smaller frame and grabbed the remote, scrolling through netflix for some sort of good movie.

eventually, they found a comedic/romantic one and clay clicked on it, eyes staring at the screen intently while his hands roamed george's stomach with gentle shapes.

"when the fuck did this movie turn gay? the two boys are obviously in love with each other," george muttered, tilting his head back on clay's shoulder to meet the blond's eyes.

clay laughed. "dunno, but they're fucking oblivious. they better get together by the end of the movie."

george smiled, eyes drifting back to the movie.

after a while, clay frowned. "that guy can go die in hell, leave 'em alone."

george giggled, keeping it positive. "but, the boys are dating now!"

clay chuckled, bringing the hand that wasn't in george's to ruffle his chocolate hair. "true, but still."

another hour and the movie had ended, clay could hear george's gentle breaths. he'd fallen asleep. clay sighed with a smile as he shifted as slowly as he could and picked the boy up bridal-style. 

george hummed in his arms, burying his nose into clay's shirt. clay's smile was enormous as he bent his head down to kiss george's forehead before setting him down on the bed. 

as he turned around to go downstairs and make himself some food, a gentle but firm hand gripped his own and he looked over his shoulder, seeing george reaching up at him.

"stay? please? sleep with me?" he asked.

clay shook his head, laughing. "you're the one who's acting like a baby now, darling, but i'll stay."