eleven

they were riding in silence, since clay had suggested that they just rode around for a while and see what they could find.

so far, nothing except for one lone tree that seemed extremely eerie as the two had approached it, so they just decided to just keep on going.

now, they really didn't know where they were, it was nothing upon nothing in every direction they turned. fog hadd even began to form near them and it was getting harder to see.

"well, this is fun," george mumbled and clay looked over, flicking the hair out of his face. "what?"

"we can barely see a thing and we're heading in a random direction," george said.

"we can turn back if you want," clay suggested, slowing down his skateboard's pace.

george shook his head. "no, it's fine, 'm just slightly worried about finding our way back."

"we should have phone reception, so we should be fine."

"should?"

"shut up. i've never been here, how would i know?"

george rolled his eyes, but never said anything else. clay as well fell into silence. the only noise heard was the wind and the sound of wheels over pavement. the wind was mellow tonight and the moon was dim, so there wasn't much light for them to see... not that they could see much anyway.

"clay, look!"

clay snapped out of his thoughts, glancing over at george and then following where his finger pointed. over there was a building that looks a bit abandoned, but, lights were on.

"wanna go check it out?" george asked.

clay shrugged. "sure, why not."

so, they headed over. clay slowed down as they neared and hopped off his skateboard, picking it up and under his arm. george did the same.

out of the corner of his eye, clay saw something that looked somewhat like a door. so he walked over and indeed, it was a door. he gripped the doorknob and tugged backwards.

it didn't open.

he grit his teeth and yanked it backwards, the door flew open, causing him to stumble backwards.

george laughed grimly, "jesus.''

clay rolled his eyes and scanned the room. just then, the lights flickered off.

the brunet beside him sighed, "how convinient."

clay nodded, "i know, but c'mon, let's see what's inside."

they stepped in cautiously and as clay's eyes adjusted to the darkness inside, he could finally make out what some things were.

it was pretty much empty, except for a desk in the back corner, a couch that seemed a little bit worn out, and a lamp on a table beside the couch that didn't seem to work. there was also a rug on the floor.

"what the fuck is this place?" george asked, glancing around.

clay shrugged. "' got no fucking clue. but it seems pretty old and it hasn't been used for a long time."

if george was going to answer, he was interrupted by the loud clash of thunder and the sudden rain droplets hitting the building and ground... loudly.

clay immediately moved away from the door, scowling. "of fucking course it decides to rain. now, there's no way we'll be able to get back until the sun starts to come up."

george hummed. "then we can just stay here for a while."

they did. they stayed there while it rained. they talked and joked. it was still weird talking to george, and clay knew the feeling was mutual--due to the boy talking a bit awkwardly and forced.

now, the rain had begun to speed up, falling down onto them harder. there was more thunder and more lightning. they had shut the door because of how bad it was getting but there were still windows, giving them a good view of just how bad the storm was.

clay chewed on his lip and shifted on the couch to glance out a window. ''it's not slowing down"--he dragged the last word--"it better by the time sunrise happens."

george glanced over at him from where he leaned against the wall. "i hope..." he paused. "how the fuck are you not cold?"

the blond hummed. "i am cold, i'm just ignoring it."

at the end of his sentence, thunder clashed. clay jumped, earning a smirk from george.