fourteen

"i'm not going to lie, that's hot.''

clay choked. "what?"

"you deaf? i said i'm not gonna lie, that's hot."

"the picture?"

"yes, the fucking picture. no, the fucking frame."

clay rolled his eyes. "oh how you're attitude changed quickly."

george rolled his eyes back but then asked, "who took the picture?"

clay laughed a bit. "ally actually. punz and her dared us to do that."

"well, it's hot. it'll give you that."

that boosted clay's ego, he wasn't going to lie.

george smirked as he sat back down on the bed. "damn, someone's egotistical."

clay rolled his eyes, trying to fight down his own smirk that threatened to appear. at clay's failed attempt, a laugh escaped the brunet.

during a small silence, clay asked, "do you want anything to eat? it's like eleven and i don't know if your'e hungry."

"mmm, sure! why not? are we gonna go anywhere or not," george said, perking up.

"we can go back to that cafe where i met your friends, that was really good,' clay suggested as he pushed himself off the bed.

george followed. "sure! race there?"

clay smirked a hurried out the door, quickly slipping on some shoes and running out the front door. george was right behind him, hopping onto his skateboard and rushing away.

clay did the same, immediately pushing his foot against the ground to give himself some speed. the more he pushed, the closer he got to the brunet. george looked back, giving the blond a look of surprise once he realized how close they were.

the blond laughed slightly, urging his skateboard to go faster so he was now beside the brunet. george frowned suddenly leaned sideways, causing his skateboard to move towards clay's. a bit too close.

clay slowed awkwardly, shocked for a few seconds before scowling and trying to speed up his pace again. he could here the wind pick up george's laugh of pride, which only gave clay more determination.

after a good ten minutes of going back and forth of who's in front, clay could make out the beginning of the bridge. he pushed down harder against the pavement, trying to get in front of george.

but george was really good at keeping his place.

whatever clay tried to do, george always seemed to be able to do something to keep his lead. and it annoyed the shit outta clay.

since he was annoyed, clay grit his teeth, the dumbell on his tongue clicking against the insides of his teeth and he got insanely close to george, skateboards almost touching each other.

he heard george's gasp and the brunet veered sideways in response, slowing down because of his surprise and by the end of the bridge, clay was able to take the lead.

now, he had to stay in the lead until the cafe.

just as he was about to make it to the cafe first, george did the same he had done earlier, getting their boards insanely close. just like george had done, clay gasped in surprise and jutted sideways, almost slipping off his skateboard.

that gave george the win.

george whooped as clay hopped off his skateboard with a scowl, carrying it under his arm as the two meet right in front of the door.

"fuck off, dude, you won because you copied me," clay muttered as they walked in and into the line.

"you shouldn't have done it in the first place," george retorted. "or you could've done it at the end."

clay rolled his eyes and they stepped up to order, waiting a few minutes for their food before walking back outside and sitting down at one of the tables outside. today, it wasn't really full, which surprised clay a bit, but, he didn't mind it.