28| Clean slate...sort of

(Previously)
"Before I go, is there any way that people could regain their lost memories? Like, if they see something they recognise?" I turned around and faced Schwoz.

"That is impossible. It erases memories permanently." Schwoz smiled.

"So, people will think that I've still been going to school?" I was still a little bit confused.

"Exactly. It'll be like you never stopped going." Charlotte reassured me.

Getting dressed, I kissed Ray lightly before I grabbed my bag and waited for Charlotte and Jasper.

(Present)
HENRY
We made our way to school, my heart racing, as I had never been this far away from my daughter before, but my heart slowed down when I realised that she was with her dad. I checked for my gum tube, happy when I found it in my jacket pocket.

Opening the front doors of the school, I looked around, no-one was the least bit interested in me.

"Henry Hart?" I heard Ms Shapen's shrill voice echo the halls. I turned around and saw Ms Shapen. Here we go.

"Yes, Ms Shapen?" I smiled sheepishly.

"I expect great things from you this year. It's your final year here at Swellview High, and I expect nothing less than excellent. Last year, well, that was less than excellent, as you were away so often because of family issues." Ms Shapen crossed her arms.

"Excellence, got it. Thank you Ms Shapen." My heart released the breath it had been holding in. Knowing what happened over the last year, and knowing that not even Ms Shapen knew exactly what happened made me feel better.

"How was that?" Jasper smiled.

"She thought I was away so much last year because of family issues. Last year and all the absences and leaving school early to her don't exist, well, not anymore..." I smiled, knowing that Ray, Marabelle and I had a clean slate.

Ray and I could raise her normally, while we continued our loving relationship and we didn't have to worry about being Kid Danger and Captain Man. No-one, not even the criminals knew who we were under the masks anymore.

"Hey, Henry!" I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, Bianca." I smiled, turning around to see my ex-girlfriend wearing a nice pink and blue floral dress.

"It's nice to see you again." She kissed my cheek.

"Yeah...you too." I smiled, my emotions being all over the place.

"I'll see you around." She hugged me, her lavender and orange perfume lingering as she walked away.

"What was that about?" Jasper and Charlotte returned to me, confused.

"We haven't seen each other in 4 years. I think she's just happy to see me." I looked around.

"Lavender and orange. Her perfume is still lingering around you and she kissed your cheek. I could be wrong, but from my point of view, she's still in love with you. I mean, from what she told me 4 years ago, you were her first boyfriend." Charlotte admitted.

"She isn't in love with me. That was just a friendly kiss on the cheek, and most girls wear a lot of perfume." I tried to debunk Charlotte's theory.

"I think she's right Henry." Jasper was on Charlotte's side.

"Besides, if she was, I'd tell her that not only do I have a boyfriend, but I have a daughter." I smiled.

"Yeah right. I bet that you'd be too smitten to tell her." Jasper laughed.

"I would not be smitten! I don't like her and she doesn't like me!" I walked off towards class.
———
The day ended, and luckily, my classes were different to Bianca's, so I only saw her during breaks.

Jasper, Charlotte and I headed back to the Man's Nest, luckily no crimes were happening, so I could hang out with Ray and Marabelle if Ray wasn't busy training the group, and he was, so Jasper, Charlotte and I sat down on the bench near the door, Marabelle on my lap as I rocked her. The training room/gym was the size of 2 basketball courts.

"Henry, I think that Bianca definitely still likes you. I heard her talking to some of her friends before we left school. She said that you're hotter than when you two were together and that she's gonna try to date you again." Charlotte warned me.

"Char, for the last time, Bianca was just happy to see me after 4 years. She doesn't like me." I objected.

"Who likes Henry?" Ray was confused.

"Henry's ex-girlfriend Bianca is back and she definitely still loves him." Jasper explained.

"Well, you better tell her that Henry is no longer on the market, and that he has a handsome boyfriend and an adorable daughter that is currently laughing and playing with her father's hand." Ray smiled, obviously referencing the fact that he was handsome.

I played with Marabelle, laughing as she smiled. She was only a few days old, but like Ray and I, she was smart. Besides, I could see Jasper and Charlotte teaching her a few things as she got older.