10| Forced into hiding (Part 1)

(Previously)
"Out with Jasper fighting a full on crime wave." I told him as he laid back down.

"Well, when he gets back, tell him that I'm waiting for him." Henry smirked.

"S-Sure..." I was a little grossed out as I left Henry resting on Ray's bed.

(Present)
HENRY
I was glad that my pregnancy was slightly different to other pregnancies. I was now 4 months pregnant, meaning not only did my 1st trimester end, but my vomiting ended and I now unfortunately have no logical way to explain why I'm looking bigger.

The great difference between my pregnancy and others, was that when I was asleep, the baby was asleep. And when I was awake, the baby was awake.

Unfortunately, a difficulty I was having, was that I was constantly being woken up by the same nightmare about Drex having escaped from prison, killing everyone I love, then killing me and my baby.

Luckily, today I'd be finding out the gender of the baby. I hoped for a boy and Ray hoped for a girl.

I woke up at my normal time, fitting one of Ray's jumpers on my body as I walked downstairs to see the Man Cave entirely decorated with a gender reveal party theme.

"Henry! I hope you like it!" Piper seemed more excited than I was.

"Wow. I love it Piper. Thanks." I hugged my sister, sitting down on the Man Couch.

"Oh, mom and dad are home today." Piper set up the rest of the decorations.

"Mm? That means they're home a week early..." I panicked.

"The one thing dad was told not to do, he did." Piper shook her head.

"He messed up." We both said in unison as Ray shot down the tubes looking happy.

"That was the last bad guy. Now, I can peacefully relax as we find out the gender of the baby today." Ray sat next to me.

"Shower." I gave him a look of disgust.

"What? Why?" He was confused.

"You just got back from fighting crime. I know as well as you, that our uniforms don't breathe easy. You may not smell it, but I could smell your sweat coming from a mile away. So, shower." I pointed towards his Sprocket.

"Fine...mom." Ray mocked me as he got up, heading to his Sprocket.

Just as Ray disappeared from sight, Jasper and Charlotte walked in, looking happier.

"So you don't know the gender of the baby?" Jasper put a box down on the table.

"Nope. I was just told to set up a gender reveal party with blue and pink themed baby stuff." Charlotte continued to put little cupcakes on the beautiful sparkly holder that Piper had found at an op-shop.

After 15 minutes, Ray was re-dressed and smelling nice. Schwoz had finished working on his newest weapon, the party had been set up and finished by Piper and Charlotte as Jasper was using one of the training dummies to practice his fighting skills.

Once everyone was in the room, I spoke up.

"Hey Piper? Do you mind closing up Junk 'N' Stuff for us?" I smiled.

"Sure. I'll be back in a few minutes." Piper got up and headed up to Junk 'N' Stuff.

GENERAL
Locking the front door and flipping over the sign, Piper smiled, excited to find out the gender of her niece or nephew.

As she headed back, she heard glass shatter. She slowly turned around to see Drex standing in the doorway. She quickly ran behind the counter, flicking the EMERGENCY switch until she felt like she had gotten her message across. She raced out the back, getting in and down the elevator as she panicked.

"SHUT DOWN THE ELEVATOR!" She yelled as the doors opened. They waited for the elevator door to close before Schwoz did what Piper said.

Piper quickly turned on the video feed from Junk 'N' Stuff, showing Drex slowly walking towards the back.

"WHERE IS RAY MANCHESTER?!" He yelled.

"Piper, Charlotte. Get Henry and the baby as far away from here as possible. Go to your house and pack bags. Get Henry and the baby and go to the far side of Mt Swellview. There's a backup Man Cave hidden within the mountain." Ray instructed.

"What will you, Schwoz and Jasper do?" Piper was confused.

"We'll get as many weapons as possible, get your parents and meet you there." Ray informed them.

"Can we at least find out the gender of the baby first?" Charlotte smiled. Ray lasered the balloon Schwoz was holding, revealing pink glitter.

"We're having a girl..." Henry cried as Ray kissed his forehead.

"Go. Before Drex can get to you." Ray kissed Henry one final time before Piper and Charlotte helped the pregnant 17-year-old off the couch and up to the platform, letting the tubes surround them. Piper hugged her brother as they shot up towards the surface of the city, their direction; Henry's house.