8| Jasper Danger

(Previously)
"I thought you would've dodged it." He carried me outside.

"I-I think I t-tripped over a broken f-floorboard and his blast g-got me in the chest." I admitted as Captain Man took me back to the Man Cave after the police had arrived to arrest The Toddler and rescue the hostages.

(Present)
RAY
Ever since he was blasted in the chest, I had opted for Henry to be more careful, and I hate to say it, but I was considering asking him to stop being Kid Danger until the end of his pregnancy, but I knew he would hate me if I asked that.

Henry is now 2 months pregnant, which is concerning me, especially when it comes to him trying to fight crime as Kid Danger.

"Charlotte, I think it's time we went to plan B." Charlotte looked at me in shock.

"Um, no. I haven't been Kid Danger since 4 seasons ago!" She panicked.

"Since when where you ever Kid Danger?!" Jasper seemed jealous.

"You mean 4 years ago?" I corrected her. She nodded. I watched as Charlotte walked off.

"I can be Kid Danger! Just give me some sleeping pills and I'll be ready to throw a punch." Jasper smiled as he stood up.

"No." I wouldn't risk the escape of any villains for the sake of Jasper wanting to become a superhero's sidekick.

"Please! I've learned Spanish in my sleep! And- And I've been practicing. I've destroyed 2 tables in the past 3 days while learning to fight. Please, please, please, let me fight! I promise that no villain will escape you and roam free while I'm filling in as Kid Danger. PLEASE!" Jasper basically dropped onto his knees and begged me.

"Hey Ray, think of it this way, if Jasper fills in as Kid Danger while Henry isn't available, it'll give you more reason to fire him if he messes up." Piper smiled.

"And why shouldn't I make you fill in as Kid Danger if I want you to be fired?" I did want both of them gone.

"Because. We all know that you dislike Jasper more than me." She smiled sweetly.

"The little girl is right Ray." Schwoz added.

"Hey!" Jasper was now offended.

"I'm not a little girl! You're the little one!" Piper was now angry as Schwoz, who didn't care at all.

"Fine, Jasper. But one mess-up, and you're gone. You're never allowed to return to the Man Cave...ever." I made my intentions perfectly clear.

"Of course." He agreed, shaking my hand.

"I've been waiting for this moment..." Schwoz handed Jasper a two tubes.

"One has special sleeping pills. One has your transforming gum." He instructed Jasper, who was smiling.

"Got it." He smiled more.

Just as I was starting to regret my decision, the emergency alarm went off, signalling Jasper and I. I used my gum to transform into Captain Man before kissing Henry on the forehead as he was currently asleep on the Man Couch. I watched as Jasper excitedly transformed into Kid Danger.

"Wow Jasper, that uniform suits you as much as it does Henry." Schwoz smiled.

"Shut up Schwoz." I looked angrily at the man who was building another weapon.

We got the information on our emergency as Jasper consumed one of his sleeping pills created by Schwoz.

"Sleeping pills down." Jasper notified us before he fell to the floor, initially freaking everyone out. I freaked out until he kicked up from his back, surprising us all. He landed in a fighting position as he smiled.

"Es hora de luchar contra algún crimen, Capitán Man. Time to fight some crime Captain Man." Jasper's Spanish surprised me.

We raced up to the platform, watching as the tubes came down around my body and around Jasper's sleeping body.

Before I could say it, Jasper began to speak.

"Hasta los tubos! Up the tubes!" I was surprised as the tube system shot us up to the surface of the city.

We got to the crime scene, watching as the Time Jerker was causing havoc.

"Your time is up, Time Jerker." I laughed at my time-related pun. It had been 2 years since Kid Danger and I had defeated him.

"Well, I'm excited to watch you try to defeat me." He laughed. A sleeping Jasper stood in front of me.

"Será mejor que no pierdas nuestro tiempo. You better not waste our time." Jasper spoke up.

Without thinking and within a span of 2 minutes, Jasper had the Time Jerker on the floor, begging for mercy.

"No hay desperdicio de tiempo. No time wasted." Jasper said before walking off. I was surprised. This was the fastest villain fight, ever.

We got back to the Man Cave.

"How was the fight?" Charlotte smiled.

"Jasper isn't fired. Well, not yet anyway." I groaned.

Before Jasper could even transform out of the Kid Danger uniform, he stumbled across the Man Cave, standing besides the Man Couch.

"Buenas noches, amigos. Goodnight, my friends." Jasper spoke before collapsing onto the couch, his body now rested right across from Henry.

"I'm going to bed everyone. I'm exhausted." I spoke before carrying a sleeping Henry up with me to my Sprocket. We entered my room and I sighed.

I placed him and our unborn baby softly onto my bed before transforming back into my normal self. I got into bed next to Henry and closed my eyes, still unable to believe what Jasper (as Kid Danger) had done today.