26| Reporters

(Previously)
"Time to say bye-bye." Captain Man and I began fighting the criminals. The Toddler was defeated first, then the Time Jerker, then Dr Minyak and last but not least Frankini.

They were all arrested before Captain man and I headed back to the Man's Nest so we could be with our friends, family, and our newborn daughter Marabelle.

(Present)
HENRY
"How's she doing?" Ray walked into the main section of the Man's Nest holding a baby bottle.

"After yesterday, I'm surprised she slept so well. I was constantly worrying that someone was going to break into our HQ." I held Marabelle in my arms as Miles teleported into the main section, holding a camera.

"Found this outside. Looks like reporters have attempted to get inside, but they were scared off." He placed the camera on the table.

"Oh lord..." I groaned as I checked the news headlines.

"Number 5, Kid Danger identity revealed." I read the first one.

"Of course." Ray scoffed.

"Number 4, Captain Man identity revealed." The second one was the same.

"So what!" Ray groaned.

"Number 3, Captain Man and Kid Danger dating?" I clicked off the headline.

"So what if we're dating. It's none of their business." Ray was upset.

"Number 2, 17 year old Kid Danger has a daughter?" I groaned again.

"Ok, they better leave Marabelle out of this. She's barely 2 days old." He held Marabelle.

"Number 1, Our questions about Captain Man and Kid Danger need to be answered." I rolled my eyes.

"I think we need to settle this issue. It's either we erase their memories, or we tell the truth and then erase their memories." Ray admitted.

"Lets tell the truth. We've been hiding it for so long." Ray handed Marabelle to me as Charlotte walked in.

"Well that was fast. You already have 4 requests for TV interviews. Don't worry. Jasper and I will be babysitting Marabelle and the kids while you two are gone." Charlotte smiled.

"The thing we need to remember is, no-one, absolutely no-one is to see even a glimpse of Marabelle. I don't want her in the spotlight." I handed Marabelle to Charlotte who nodded.

We transformed into Kid Danger and Captain Man before we headed to the KLVY news studio.

The journey was long since streets and streets full of civilians were desperate to see Ray and I in our uniforms. We walked into the main report room, which, for today, had been emptied and there was only 4 chairs.

"And here they come, Captain Man and Kid Danger." Trent smiled as he welcomed us onto the set.

"Now, we want to talk to Ray and Henry. Are we special enough to get a cool transformation?" Mary smiled.

"Do it." I whispered in Ray's ear as he sighed.

In front of 3 cameras that were live, reporting this interview to millions of people, Ray and I stood in front of our chairs, chewing a piece of gum as we then transformed for everyone watching.

"Wow! That was extraordinary." Mary clapped.

"Anyway. How long have you two known each other?" Trent asked.

"5 years. We met when I was 13 and he was 24. My life changed when I met him." I smiled.

"So you've been dating for 5 years?" Mary was confusing.

"Uh, no. That would've been very illegal and also very gross. No. Henry and I have been dating for a little over 8 months now." Ray held my hand.

"Oh." Trent's realisation was hilarious.

"So, where is your Headquarters?" Mary asked.

"Well, our old Headquarters was located under the cover store Junk 'N' Stuff. That's now gone, and we have an excellent new Headquarters." Ray smiled.

"Onto a more interesting issue, your new daughter, Marabelle is it?" Mary asked.

"Yes." I was nervous now.

"Where is she?" Trent smiled.

"She's with her godmother, at home." I tried to shut the situation down.

"Oh. Well, are we ever going to see her? I mean, it would be nice to see the result of a superhero and sidekick." Mary was pushing limits.

"No. We have decided that Marabelle will never be subjected to the spotlight, and if she ever discovers it, it won't be because of us." Ray respected my decision.

"Are you going to tell her about your jobs? About your history?" Trent was writing notes on his note-pad.

"When she is old enough to understand the dangerous world that she was brought into." My grip on Ray's hand tightened.

"Are you sure we can't see her? Not even just once?" Mary once again pushed limits, causing me to get angry.

"You know what? This whole interview is over and for the last time, no-one apart from her family and friends are ever going to see her. That probably won't ever change." I got up and stormed out of the studio, heading towards the car, but unfortunately, one of the camera men grabbed a portable camera and started filming through that, as Ray was following me.

Ray grabbed one of his lasers and shot one of the now 4 cameras, getting into the car. We drove for a while, but Trent and Mary's camera men didn't give up.

Before we could get any closer to our home, Ray used his laser to shoot all the tires off both the 2 following cars, forcing them to stop following us.

"Thank god that's over. We are never doing an interview again." I sighed.

"Looks like we're erasing a whole city's memories..." Ray smiled as we headed inside, Marabelle finally in my arms.