3| Keeping private

(Previously)
"If you had told me in private, instead of running away, I would've been happy to talk to you..." Ray smiled as he leaned in a kissed me gently, making my heart race.

I put my right hand on his cheek as I made the kiss more passionate, his right hand moving to my waist. I didn't know what this kiss meant for us, but I didn't care, as long as it didn't end.

(Present)
CHARLOTTE
I walked through the Man Cave expecting to hear Ray yelling at Schwoz or Ray singing his daily tunes as he came through his Sprocket to start the day, but nothing. I didn't hear a thing from Ray.

"Jasper? Have you seen or heard from Ray?" I watched as Jasper got out of the elevator looking worried.

"No? I hoped that you had." He sat down on the Man Couch, still texting Henry.

"I think we should go to Henry's house. Maybe he slept over..." Jasper smiled.

"I don't think so Jasper. Maybe Ray went out on early patrol this morning." I defended the idea that Henry didn't have a crush on Ray.

"Let's see, shall we?" Jasper gestured towards the tubes. I rolled my eyes and groaned as I got up and followed Jasper. We each stood on the platform, watching as the tubes came down around us.

"Will you do the honours, since you insist that you're gonna win this bet?" I looked over at Jasper who smirked.

"UP THE TUBES!" He yelled before we were both sucked up the tubes, eventually reaching the surface level of the city. We headed towards Henry's place, surprised to see no cars in the driveway.

"Huh. I wonder why there aren't any cars around..." I walked closer to the house, Jasper following, also confused.

Getting to Henry's front door, I noticed that it was locked. Jasper took the lead and knocked on the door.

HENRY
I was not expecting to hear a loud knock on my door. Knowing that it was most likely Jasper and Charlotte, I got up.

"I'll be back soon..." I kissed Ray on the cheek as I let him sleep. I didn't bother putting a shirt on, so I walked downstairs wearing nothing but pyjama pants, yawning as I stretched. 

Getting to the front door, I unlocked it, smiling as I opened it to reveal Charlotte and Jasper.

"Mm, good..." I leaned back, checking the clock that rested near the TV. "...afternoon." I leaned forward, once again facing Charlotte and Jasper, directing my attention to the pair.

"Hey Hen. We just wanted to know if you have seen Ray at all today?" Jasper entered my house followed by Charlotte.

"No. Not since yesterday." I lied.

"Yesterday?" Charlotte's interest was peaked.

"Yeah. He came over, we talked and then he left." I lied, again.

In all honesty, what Ray and I did yesterday lasted for hours. Round after round, break after break. I didn't regret a single moment, but if Charlotte and Jasper ever found out, they wouldn't ever let me forget.

"Oh, so he didn't stay?" Jasper seemed disappointed.

"Not that I'm aware of." Ray was probably waking up to an empty bed right now.

"Oh, well, do you mind if we check in your room? You know how we all like to hang out there." Jasper smiled as he made his way towards the stairs.

"Well, I do mind, since you guys interrupted my afternoon nap and I want to go back to bed..." My excuse didn't stop them from getting halfway up the stairs.

"We'll only be a moment." Charlotte tried to pull Jasper away, but they already had opened my door.

I panicked, expecting an 'OH MY GOD' or 'HOLY MOTHER OF MAN' but nothing. I heard nothing. I walked in, and saw the bed empty. I was shocked. Where the hell did Ray go?

"Are you guys gonna leave me to sleep now?" I raised my eyebrow as Jasper left my room looking disappointed. Charlotte smiled, following him.

Once I knew for sure that both Charlotte and Jasper had left my house, I raced back upstairs and panicked, looking around my empty room. All of a sudden, I felt a pair of hands around my waist.

"AHHH!" I yelled as I turned around. I hit Ray on the shoulder, him laughing at my fear.

"Where the hell did you go?!" I was confused.

"Chameleon ring. I heard voices coming up the stairs and I heard the footsteps. Before they opened the door, I put the ring on and laid behind the bed. Since I was silent and still, the chameleon ring turned me invisible." He smiled, showing me the ring that could turn anyone invisible as long as they stood still for 10 seconds.

"You scared me Ray..." I hit him one final time before he placed his lips on mine with passion.

CHARLOTTE
Ray wasn't at Henry's place. I looked over at Jasper who was sad.

"Are you sad because Ray wasn't at Henry's house?" I mocked Jasper's sadness.

"YES! I was 100% sure that Henry had a crush on Ray, and that after their little 'talk' yesterday, Ray slept over..." Jasper was angry, so I laughed.

"Looks like I'm gonna be winning our little bet." I smiled.

"Don't count your Charlottes before they hatch..." Jasper smirked before walking off.

"What does that even mean?!" I was even more confused than before.