34| The future

(Previously)
"I'm scared. I'm scared that if I become Captain Man...I'll show just how un-prepared I am..." I cried.

"Hey, hey, look at me. I'll still be here, all day, every day. If you ever have any doubt, just ask me for help, and I'll never be happier." Ray kissed me as I cried.

"We're gonna be married in a month. No matter what, I'll be here." He kissed me one final time before I smiled.

(Present)
HENRY
It's been 12 years since Ray and I said "I do" at the altar.

Marabelle is now 13, I'm now 30, Ray is now 41, and Piper is now 26. As for Charlotte and Jasper, we're all the same age, so they're both 30 as well. As for the Danger Force, well, Mika and Miles are both 24, Chapa is 25 and Bose is also 24.

We're all mentors to Mirabelle, who is trying to advance her powers. Life hasn't been as hectic as we expected, but, every now and again, we get an emergency call.

1 month after Ray and I got married, there was a ceremony to allow Captain Man to pass down his gum-tube to me. At that ceremony, I also passed down my gum-tube to Jasper, as well as giving him his own whiz watch, the same watch, but slightly different for him. His is red, mine is black. Of course, we were all in uniform. The only one of us who actually transformed was me. I wore my Kid Danger uniform before transforming into Captain Man's uniform.

"DAD! Chapa won't stop zapping me!" Marabelle stormed into the training room, angry.

"Maybe if you used your superspeed like your father had taught you, you'd be avoiding the zaps! Besides, you shouldn't feel the pain. You're indestructible like Ray." Chapa argued.

"Charlotte! Please, babe, talk to me!" Jasper begged to Charlotte as she entered the room.

"The silent treatment? Really? We're married, and both of us are over the age of 25." Jasper groaned as Charlotte walked off.

"Ha. The silent treatment. I haven't experienced that since Marabelle learnt how to use her puppy dog eyes to get an extra cookie after dinner. But, I'd assume it's worse getting the silent treatment from a pregnant woman?" I laughed. Yes, Jasper and Charlotte are married, and expecting their first child.

"Dad! She keeps zapping me!" Marabelle yelled before she used her powers to snatch Chapa's phone away from her.

"Look at me. I've had my phone stolen before, and I admit that I was a monster. If anything happens to this phone, you'll regret taking it from me." Chapa threatened her.

"You zap me again, and you'll regret having ever taught me your tricks..." Belle threatened Chapa back.

"That's my girl." Ray laughed as he high-fived Marabelle.

"She's tough. That's good." Chapa smiled as she looked at Marabelle who was currently stealing some of Schwoz' chips from his Nacho Ball order.

"Hey! Stop stealing my chips! You're just as annoying as your father." Schwoz complained.

"You better not be talking about me." Ray stood up, flexing his strength through his muscles as he crossed his arms.

"Excuse me? I never once stole his chips! You always stole his chips and other food items when Schwoz wasn't looking." I argued with Ray, who laughed as he kissed the side of my head.

"He also likes stuffing Schwoz in food items. Remember the day that he stuffed Schwoz into a bucket of oats all because Schwoz was going to vote for the blue Frittle chips." Charlotte laughed.

"He shouldn't have jumped on top of me! He was attacking me." Ray seemed upset.

"Hey, hey. Calm down babe. That was years ago." I calmed Ray down as he, like always, stole a chip from Schwoz.

"Emergency call! The Toddler and Dr Minyak are attacking the City Hall." Bose entered the room.

"Time to spit out some rhymes..." I spoke as Jasper smiled.

"...and fight some crime." Jasper laughed as we chewed some gum-balls and transformed into Captain Man and Kid Danger.

"Ready Kid Danger?" I looked at Jasper.

"Ready as always Captain Man." Jasper nudged my arm.

"Danger Force? Ready?" I looked over at the 4 adults, who had transformed into their respective uniforms.

Bose: Blue and Black with a logo resembling arrows pointing upwards, and a blue, red, yellow and silver hurricane on his belt, tilted. Brainstorm.

Chapa: Red and Black with a logo resembling a circle with four lightning bolts, and a blue, red, yellow and silver hurricane on her belt, tilted. She also wears red boots and fingerless gloves. Volt.

Miles: Yellow and Black with a logo resembling a fist, and a blue, red, yellow and silver hurricane on his belt, tilted. AWOL.

Mika: Silver and Black with a logo resembling a person screaming, and a blue, red, yellow and silver hurricane on her belt, tilted. ShoutOut.

I loved their suits. Their masks were cool and colour coordinated, a similar styling to the masks that Kid Danger and I wear, but the logos on their suits were awesome.

"Call it." I spoke.

"DOWN THE TUBE!" Jasper, Miles, Mika, Bose and Chapa yelled in unison.

I got a glimpse of Ray's smile before the tube shot us all down. We got to the scene of the crime.

"Ok, ShoutOut, you go with Brainstorm through the back. AWOL and Kid Danger will go in through the roof. Volt and I will go in through the main entrance. Got it?" I looked at every person in front of me.

"Got it, Captain Man." AWOL smiled before everyone went off to their positions.