16| Worst fears (Part 3)

(Previously)
I couldn't feel anything. My entire reality was being torn apart by some old guy who got a PHD in deep diving through people's psyche.

"Henry, if you feel comfortable, please, tell me who you are and what you think your life is like." Dr Matherson was looking at me with intent.

"M-My name is Henry Hart. I'm 17-years-old and I live a completely normal life." I couldn't even control what my mouth said anymore.

"What life do you not live?" He asked.

"I'm not a superhero's sidekick. I don't work in a cover shop. My boss isn't a superhero called Captain Man. I don't even have a job." I repeated the opposite of what I used to think.

(Present)
HENRY
As I talked with Dr Matherson, the door opened to reveal Charlotte and Jasper. I wasn't in the mood for friends.

"Excuse me, but Mr Hart's session isn't over yet. He still has 20 more minutes." Dr Matherson ushered my friend out.

"Dr-" I looked at his name tag. "-Matherson. Mrs Hart has kindly made you some tea downstairs. She thinks it's only fair to take a break from healing Henry's mind." Charlotte smiled sweetly.

"Well, Henry. I can't turn down tea." He swiftly left the room, leaving Jasper and Charlotte with me.

"You were right. I couldn't damage my mind even more. I needed to grow up and stop creating fake worlds in my head." I smiled at my friends.

"No, Henry, listen to us. Whatever world you've created, it's real." Charlotte was sounding crazier than I was.

"Charlotte stop. I've dragged you and Jasper far enough through my twisted mind. You two were right. I needed to grow up." I admitted. The look on Charlotte's face confused me.

"Henry look at me. I can prove to you that you were right." Charlotte lifted her wrist, showing me the watch I once believed existed.

"What the butt!" I moved as far away from Charlotte as possible. I couldn't risk putting my mind in a dark place again.

"Look, it's the watch you use to communicate with Ray." She smiled.

"I don't know what kind of practical joke you're playing, but you need to stop." I started to breathe faster.

"Henry, this isn't a joke! You are Kid Danger, and you can't listen to those people. They're trying to convince you that you're not a superhero's sidekick, but they're wrong." Jasper moved closer to me.

"You are NOT the Jasper and Charlotte I know." I was freaking out. I couldn't help but feel a tear slip down my cheek.

"What the butt are you two doing?!" Piper saw everything and came over to me, hugging me.

"We're saving Henry from this messed up reality." Charlotte crossed her arms.

"No! You're trying to diminish any chance of Henry growing out of his weird imagination. He needs to stop creating false realities and deal with the fact that our father left us." Piper hugged me more.

"We're saving him! Look!" Jasper opened the lid on the watch, making me scared.

All of a sudden, a blue hologram of Ray appeared, scaring me. I looked beside me to see Piper disappear.

"Henry!" The male figure smiled.

"Who the butt are you?" I was confused.

"I'm Ray, your boyfriend and the father of our baby..." He smiled, as Charlotte smiled at me.

As the figure continued talking, my mind flashed some form of memories.

The Danger Begins
I stood in front of Captain Man, myself wearing a uniform that looked similar to his.

"I, Henry Hart." I smiled, my hand on my chest.

"Pledge to be an awesome sidekick to Captain Man." I felt so proud.

"And to never, ever, tell anyone, that I am Captain Man's secret sidekick." I wish my mom could see me now.

"You left out one 'ever'" He corrected me.

"Ever." I smiled.

"It is done." He nodded.

Confession
"If you had told me in private, instead of running away, I would've been happy to talk to you..." Ray smiled as he leaned in a kissed me gently, making my heart race.

I put my right arm on his cheek as I made the kiss more passionate, his right hand moving to my waist. I didn't know what this kiss meant for us, but I didn't care, as long as it didn't end.

Symptoms
"Well. The scanner did find something in your stomach, and I have now confirmed that you are indeed pregnant." I was shocked. It all seemed like a crazy fever dream, until he confirmed my worries.

"But Schwoz, how is Henry pregnant? How-" Schwoz stopped Ray from finishing his sentence.

"-Don't bother finishing the second question. Not even simple English can explain how he's pregnant." Schwoz sighed.

Forced into hiding (Part 1)
"Can we at least find out the gender of the baby first?" Charlotte smiled. Ray lasered the balloon Schwoz was holding, revealing pink glitter.

"We're having a girl..." Henry cried as Ray kissed his forehead.

I snapped out of my little day dream, smiling.

"Oh thank god you guys are here. I don't think I could've survived another second here by myself." I smiled.

"Let's get out of here." Charlotte swiped her finger on the little screen on my watch, opening a portal. We jumped through.

After a few minutes, Jasper, Charlotte and I woke up on the same machines that Schwoz used to save me years ago when I was stuck in a dream.

"Oh, I've never missed being pregnant more in my life..." I held my 5 month developed baby bump as Ray kissed me.

"And I've never been so worried about you in my years of knowing you." Ray kissed me one more time.

"Welcome back sweetie." My mom hugged me before my dad hugged me. I pulled away, looking at Charlotte.

"Ahem. Watch please?" I smiled. She gave it back to me before smiling.

"Thank you. My wrist felt so bare without it." I laughed as I rubbed my baby bump lightly.