27| Erased memories

(Previously)
Ray grabbed one of his lasers and shot one of the now 4 cameras, getting into the car. We drove for a while, but Trent and Mary's camera men didn't give up. Before we could get any closer to our home, Ray used his laser to shoot all the tires off both the 2 following cars, forcing them to stop following us.

"Thank god that's over. We are never doing an interview again." I sighed.

"Looks like we're erasing a whole city's memories..." Ray smiled as we headed inside, Marabelle finally in my arms.

(Present)
HENRY
After yesterday, waking up every 2 hours to take care of Marabelle was certainly tiring, but it wasn't as tiring as constantly hearing my phone go off every 10 minutes because someone was trying to text me.

"145 notifications. Ever since our reveal, I've received texts upon texts from people trying to be friends with me because I'm Kid Danger. I hate it." I groaned, rocking Marabelle to sleep at 6 am.

"Good morning Ray, Henry, Marabelle." Mika smiled as she walked into our room.

"Morning Mika. What goes on?" I smiled as I put a teddy in Marabelle's arms.

"Schwoz and Charlotte found the broken memory weapon, and they've been trying to fix it." Mika walked off with us following her.

"And? Is it fixed?" Ray was confused.

"They're almost done. They just have to finish the settings." She smiled before walking into the workshop room, watching Schwoz and Charlotte as they were working well together.

"STOP ZAPPING ME!" Miles ran through the Man's Nest, trying to avoid the volts of electricity that Chapa was shooting at him.

"Maybe if you learned to properly teleport, you'd escape my volts of electricity!" Chapa continued to zap him before stopping when she saw Marabelle in my arms.

"Can I hold her?" She smiled.

"Put on gloves." I handed her a pair on the table and she happily put them on before I carefully handed Marabelle to her. She smiled as we sat down on the bench near the door.

"We wanna hold her!" Mika smiled as they sat and waited.

"So, how far will the memory weapon work?" Ray sat down on my other side as he watched Schwoz.

"It should work and go further than Swellview." Schwoz admitted before he smiled.

"It's done." He moved away from the memory weapon, Charlotte doing the same.

"Ok, ok. Each of you will get to hold Marabelle, but now, it's time to train." Ray stood up as he waited for the kids to go. Chapa handed Marabelle back to me before getting up.

"How about, every time one of you does something right, a reward can be to hold Marabelle for 5 minutes?" I smiled standing up.

"What about me?" Mika was the only kid without powers.

"You'll be Marabelle's special helper." I whispered to her before she ran off smiling.

"I've called your mom, dad and Piper. They're on their way now." Jasper walked into the room, reading a Spanish book.

"Jasper, you know Spanish." I was confused.

"Yeah, when I'm asleep. I think it would be useful to know Spanish when I'm awake." He smiled before leaving the room again.

25 minutes later, my mom, dad and Piper had come up to the Man's Nest.

"So, how does this work?" Piper asked as she looked at the memory weapon.

"We will connect it to the satellite on the roof of the building, turn it on and then set it to erase the memories of the past year from the memories of every Swellviewian and beyond." Schwoz spoke as he and Charlotte began to carry it to the roof.

Once it was connected to the satellite on the roof, Schwoz and Charlotte came down, Jasper turning on the monitor so we could see exactly what happened.

"Now, since we're inside this protected space, only those outside will feel the shake that's about to rock Swellview. Everyone else will probably pass out, but we're safe. Get ready." Schwoz informed everyone. We all walked to the massive glass window that looked out over the city.

Schwoz pulled the lever down, and a bright light covered the entire city and beyond, within a few minutes.

I smiled as I could see the ground shaking as the wave of light passed over the city. The light disappeared, leaving everyone confused.

"Is it over?" I asked as Schwoz came over to us.

"Try it out. Go to school. It does start in 30 minutes." Schwoz smiled as I handed Marabelle to Ray, kissing her forehead and kissing him.

"Before I go, is there any way that people could regain their lost memories? Like, if they see something they recognise?" I turned around and faced Schwoz.

"That is impossible. It erases memories permanently." Schwoz smiled.

"So, people will think that I've still been going to school?" I was still a little bit confused.

"Exactly. It'll be like you never stopped going." Charlotte reassured me.

Getting dressed, I kissed Ray lightly before I grabbed my bag and waited for Charlotte and Jasper.