9| Crime wave

(Previously)
"I'm going to bed everyone. I'm exhausted." I spoke before carrying a sleeping Henry up with me to my Sprocket. We entered my room and I sighed.

I placed him and our unborn baby softly onto my bed before transforming back into my normal self. I got into bed next to Henry and closed my eyes, still unable to believe what Jasper (as Kid Danger) had done today.

(Present)
CHARLOTTE
Ever since Jasper became Kid Danger, people had been asking a lot of questions, mainly about how Kid Danger doesn't look like he usually does.

"Wel- oh." I barely got a sentence out before Jasper fell face first onto the Man Couch, luckily having changed out of his temporary uniform.

"How was the fight?" I smiled as Ray walked up to me.

"Jasper proved to me that he could be a hero." Ray groaned.

"Anyway, how is my pregnant boyfriend?" Ray looked up towards his Sprocket.

"He's been rubbing his stomach for the past 3 hours, and he's fallen asleep only 10 minutes ago." I smiled as I turned back towards the monitors.

"Oh, and the news was very nice this afternoon. I managed to record it for future viewing." I turned on the report that had happened 25 minutes ago.

"Hi, I'm Evelyn Hall and I'm live at a fight going down between Kid Danger, Captain Man and the Ballerino Brothers. We have been getting some questions about the Kid Danger that is helping Captain Man. Here his is now, Captain Man." Evelyn saw Captain Man and smiled.

"Hello Swellview viewers, hello Evelyn." He smiled towards the camera.

"Captain Man, a lot of Swellviewians have questioned the Kid Danger that has been fighting crime with you. Is he an imposter? Is he replacing Kid Danger? What's going on?" Evelyn was seemingly interested.

Captain Man watched as Jasper as Kid Danger, ended the fight, walking towards them.

"Kid Danger! Are you replacing the current Kid Danger permanently?" Evelyn shoved the mic in his face.

"Nunca aceptaría el trabajo de mi compañero. Significa demasiado para él. I would never take my fellow sidekick's job. It means too much to him." Jasper's Spanish was really on point.

"What I think he meant to say was that he assures you and everyone else, that he has no intention to replace the current Kid Danger. The alternate Kid Danger as you could call him, is merely filling in as Kid Danger, until the real, official, Kid Danger has returned from a very important, top-secret mission." Captain Man announced.

"What is the top-secret mission? Is it-" Captain Man stopped Evelyn from talking any longer.

"-I think that it's time for me, and the alternate Kid Danger, to head back to base. Good bye Evelyn. Good bye Swellviewians." Captain Man waved.

"Adios mis compañeras Swellviewians. Good bye my fellow Swellviewians." Jasper spoke one last time. Captain Man started helping a still sleeping Jasper, as Kid Danger, get back to the Man Cave.

"There you have it folks, this alternate Kid Danger isn't here permanently." Evelyn reported before it went back to Trent and Mary.

I turned off the recording, watching as Jasper woke up from his sleep fighting and Spanish talking time.

"What did I miss while I was out?" Jasper yawned as he sat up.

"Nothing much. Just a cool interview that you, as Kid Danger, did with Ray." I smiled.

"Recorded?" Jasper smiled as I nodded.

"Of course." I laughed as he quickly moved me from the chair at the monitor, sitting down himself.

As he got close to his part in the interview, the emergency alarm went off, annoying Jasper.

"Dang damnit!" He slightly cursed.

"Crime never stops, so neither shall we." Ray, who was still in his Captain Man uniform waited for Jasper who eventually transformed and consumed a sleeping pill.

"Looks like, Stupid Jeff is robbing the convenience store How Convenient, Dr Minyak is holding the police station hostage, the Toddler is attacking families at the Swellview Playground, and the Time Jerker is currently trying to re-accomplish time-travel." I explained all the situations.

"Why the butt are Swellview criminals starting a crime wave?" Ray was confused.

"Now they know that Jasper isn't the real/official Kid Danger, they're trying to lure you both away from each other so they can destroy you both." I explained as Ray's face went from confused, to the same as Jasper's face, annoyed.

"Ningún villano nos va a derrotar a mí ni al Capitán Man! No villain is going to defeat me or Captain Man!" Jasper said enthusiastically.

"Will you-" I knew what Ray was going to ask.

"-Yes. I'll make sure Henry is ok. While you two are gone. Now go! Swellview isn't going to save itself!" I spoke before Ray could finish his question.

I watched as Captain Man and Kid Danger went up to the platform, going up the tubes.

"CHARLOTTE!" I heard Henry's voice.

"Henry! Are you ok?!" I panicked as I ran up to Ray's room, seeing Henry sweating as he rubbed his baby bump.

"I-I dreamt that Ray was killed by Drex, and that Drex knew about the baby so he stabbed me in the stomach before leaving me to die as I watched Ray die beside me and I watched you, Jasper, Schwoz, Piper and my parents die as well." He caught his breath.

"Henry, there is nothing to worry about. Drex is in prison and doesn't know about the baby, Ray is 100 percent fine, and no-one else is dying or dead." I rested my hand on his baby bump, causing Henry to smile as he hugged me.

"W-Where is Ray?" He was confused.

"Out with Jasper fighting a full on crime wave." I told him as he laid back down.

"Well, when he gets back, tell him that I'm waiting for him." Henry smirked.

"S-Sure..." I was a little grossed out as I left Henry resting on Ray's bed.