22| New generation

(Previously)
"What about us? Our aunt doesn't seem to be coming to get us any time soon." Miles complained.

"Just...sleep on the couches in the spare room. There's 4 couches, 4 kids. You can borrow Charlotte's clothes, Piper's clothes, or Jasper's clothes." Schwoz spoke.

Everyone went off to their separate rooms, except for the kids. The kids went to their shared room.

(Present)
CHARLOTTE
I heard screaming. Running to the room with a door painted half yellow, half red, I opened it to find Miles teleporting around the room, Chapa continuously zapping things, and Bose lifting things with his mind.

"Oh my, powers..." I groaned.

"RAY! MEETING IN THE TRAINING ROOM!" I screamed, unfortunately waking everyone up at 3:30 in the morning.

"What is all the-" His eyes widened when he saw each child, except Mika, using powers.

"I tried to stop them, but every time they stopped, they started freaking out and then their powers would go haywire..." I tried not to get in the way.

"Why is...Mika not using her powers?" Ray's eyebrow raised.

"The better question is, where is Henry?" I smiled.

"For your information, he's become a very deep sleeper since being pregnant. It's like not even an emergency call wakes him up like it used to. I mean, he's more useful wake, then asleep." Ray pouted, before turning his attention to the group of kids.

"So? Why is Mika not using her powers?" Ray focused his gaze on her.

"She's tried everything, but she doesn't seem to have any. We've literally tried every option to reveal a hidden power, but nothing has worked." I sighed, watching as a half naked Jasper entered the training room.

"Sorry I'm late. I tried to sneak past Henry's room without waking him up." Jasper yawned.

"First, shirt. Never walk around here without a shirt on, and second, Ray has just informed me that not even an emergency call wakes Henry up during his pregnancy. Don't bother sneaking past his room." I crossed my arms, watching as Chapa yelled.

"AHH!" She screamed after zapping Bose.

I noticed a zap coming right towards me, so I ducked, unfortunately letting Jasper get hit by the red bit of electricity. He fell over, his eyes plastered open as he let out a breath.

"Are you ok?" I covered my mouth, trying not to laugh, failing when I looked over at Ray who's smile could be spotted a mile away.

"Never better." He tried not to cry as I helped him off the floor.

Grabbing a laser from his pocket, he zapped every kid, except Mika, who was reading a book.

"Jake, can you grab Miles? Jasper, can you grab Bose? Kris, can you grab Chapa? Piper, you just meet them and us in the workshop room. I need to speak with Charlotte." I watched as Jasper left with Bose, Mr Hart left with Miles and Mrs Hart left with Chapa.

"What's up Ray?" I smiled.

"I have an idea. I figured that since Henry will be spending most of his time with the baby once she's born, and Jasper might not want to continue as Kid Danger, maybe, we can teach the kids how to be superhero sidekicks!" Ray seemed excited.

"Ok, first, Henry needs to go to school for once since he hasn't been to school in a year." I raised my eyebrows.

"Second, Jasper is never going to give up being Kid Danger. I mean, he's wanted the job since he discovered that you exist." I crossed my arms again.

"Third, these kids are just that, kids. The most mature out of all of them is Mika and she has no power. Teaching these kids is going to be like trying to sleep with a new-born baby in the house. Just when you think you've put them to sleep, and just when they become good sidekicks, everything goes down the drain when they wake up and they mess up." I stopped talking, regretting my word choices.

"Really Charlotte? Baby analogies when Henry is only 2 months away from welcoming a baby into the world? Really?" Ray didn't look happy.

"Sorry! Bad word choices! But you know I'm right Ray. Training one kid is enough as it is. But training 3 kids and a bossy kid is- I would applaud you and babysit your new-born baby for a month if you managed to train 3 early teens." I smiled. Ray walked off towards the workshop room.

I followed Ray to see Bose, Chapa and Miles strapped to the Dream Busters that Jasper and I used to rescue Henry.

"Did you have to strap the poor kids to the dream busters?" Mrs Hart crossed her arms.

"Yes. Who knows how much damage they can do with their powers until I properly train them." Ray looked at the kids.

"Oh, like you trained Henry?" I scoffed.

"I taught him well! He became an excellent, and still is an excellent sidekick!" Ray objected.

"He should be your partner by now." I laughed.

"Maybe I will make him my partner!" Ray lashed out.

"Are you trying to rile Ray up?" Mrs Hart asked, confused.

"Yes." I smiled.