LITTLE LUCY

🧑🏻#LITTLE_LUCY🧑🏻

Rated🔞🔞🔞

Note:  18+ 🔞 adult contents ❌ not for readers under the age of 18

🧑🏻🧑🏻EPISODE TWENTY-NINE🧑🏻🧑🏻

I shot a glance at mom. " What the hell is this?"

Mom brought forth her hand. I saw a diamond ring on her finger.

God nooooo!

Mom smiled excitedly. " I'm engaged, baby, you're going to have a new father."

Collette stared at me and she was surprised to see how my skin had turned pale, drained of all my blood.

God nooooo!

The invitation card fell from my hand and dropped to the ground. I could think of nothing else but the reality of having a stepdad which I never really wanted.

No-no-no-no-no-no this isn't happening—not just yet. Why now? Why?!

" You alright, baby?" My mom asked, shocked at my new expression.

I didn't say a word to reply her. I was mute.

Collette leaned forward and picked up the card from the ground and studied it.

" Congratulations, Mrs Williams," she said, her eyelids lowered.

Mom gave a slight smile. " More like Mrs Oliver Susana. Williams is my late husband's first name."

Collette's eyes hardened then softened. " Oliver?"

Mom nodded, staring worriedly at me. " His first name's Oliver. Oliver Benjamin. He's my boss back home at Lagos. We've been dating for sometime now until just of recent when he went down on his knees and proposed. Lucy was away at that time."

Collette returned her eyes back at the card her eyes reading the names on the invitation. Her eyes were shaking.

" Lucy," mom called me. " You're not saying anything, baby."

I glared at her. " Why did you accept his proposal?!"

Mom opened her mouth, Collette glanced up to look me from under her eyes.

" Lucy, I thought you'd be happy..."

But I interrupted her. " You thought wrong, Mom," I was rasing my voice. " Accepting another man without telling me, going against my late father....how do you think Dad would feel when you replaced him with another man in your life?"

Mom was shocked at my outburst, Collette shot her eyes at me. 

" Lucy," mom had somehow composed herself. " Listen baby, you have to understand something. Your father is long gone and trust me no one between the two of us is more bittered than me over his early death. You ever think it's been easy living without a man all these years? Every woman needs a man. No matter how rich a woman is, no matter how much money or power she amasses, she still need a man. We can't do without a man. Trust me baby, I found love again and I'm happy. Try to understand me. I'm trying to pick up the remaining pieces of my life and move on. Your father would've wanted me to do the same thing."

I shot Collette a look. She wasn't saying anything. Her eyes returned back to the invitation card as if it held much importance to her than what my mom and I were talking about.

" December 20th?" She said softly. " That's the date of the wedding, right Mrs Oliver?"

She had switched from calling my mom Mrs Williams to Mrs Oliver. It boiled me like a pot of water on fire.