chapter 40

Vincent ran down the hall looking for the room that Ava was in but he found himself getting lost. He stood their in the hall looking lost, sighing to himself he ran his hand through his hair. He felt so stress and didn't know what to think about Ava's situation. He just wanted to hold her in his arms and tell her everything is going to be okay. A nurse was walking by and Vincent stopped her.

"Oh my god you are Vincent the billionaire?" she asked with so much shock in her voice.

"Yeah, I was looking for my wife she's in room 4, C- section" he said and the nurse smiled.

"Right around that corner" she said as she pointed in the direction where he must go.

"Thank you" Vincent said then stormed off before she could say anything else. Vincent sighed in relief when he stopped at the door. Slowly turning the knob he walked in. Looking around the room his eyes landed on Ava. She was just laying there peacefully with her eyes closed. An IV above her head and she was covered with a blanket. Vincent wondered what was happening and so many questions running through his head. What is happeming? Did she have the baby already? Was everything okay?

He took slow steps towards her and the closer he got he could see the baby's little hand in the incubator. Inside he felt so happy as if a rainbow fell on his heart. But he was still concerned about Ava and the baby. He was about to take one more step forward when the doctor came in front of him.

"Mr Williams may I have a word with you?" The doctor asked and Vincent slowly nodded while trying to look over the doctor's shoulder. He wanted to see the baby so bad. But the doctor had to come and ruin the moment. "Come on" he said as he led Vincent outside the room.

"Dr. Smith I don't understand what is happening.  My wife was 3-4 months pregnant, we were supposed to be going to her first appointment today so how could she be having the baby?" Vincent asked all in one breath and the doctor chuckled. Why was he laughing, is there something funny about our situation? Did I say something wrong?

"Mr Williams your wife was 36 weeks weeks pregnant" Mr. Smith told him and Vincent stood their in confusion for a sec.

"So you are telling me that my wife has been pregnant this hole freaking time and we didn't know" he said dramatically" she told me she wasn't pregnant the whole time when she actually was, doctor I've never heard of this before and I'm worried. I mean, she barely had any symptoms. The really important ones weren't there like vomiting, um... she never complained about anything hurting nor did she grow a baby bump until later down in the pregnancy. Which is weird" Vincent said as he runs his hand through his thick black hair.

"Denied pregnancy or as we might say cryptic pregnancy this is when a woman is unaware that she is pregnant. Sometimes the woman will realize she is pregnant when she is in the third trimester or only when she goes into labor. It happens but only to 36 percent of women. It's just like a women being pregnant but her baby bump hasn't start showing until later down in the pregnancy plus you wife workouts. So when her bump finally started to show you guys thought he would be 3-4 months when she was actually 8 months almost 9. If you had went to your appointment today you would be known but the baby knows way how to make an entrance. Her baby is preterm" Mr. Smith said and Vincent stood there in shock.

"But her first pregnancy was normal" Vincent said "Preterm? Is the baby healthy?" Vincent asked him and he nodded. Vincent felt a wave of pressure fall off his shoulders.

"Yes he is but we need to run a few more test to see if he's perfectly healthy, lucky your wife knows how to eat healthy or I'm not sure what would have happened.  I just need to ask you a few questions" the doctor said and Vincent smiled.

"He's a boy?" Vincent asked and the doctor nodded. Vincent felt so happy his heart could explode with joy.

"Well since Ava didn't know she was pregnant, during her pregnancy did she drinking anything or eat something that could be bad for her health and the baby's health?" Dr. Smith asked and Vincent shook his head.