Chapter 24

A few weeks later

Jason's birthday is in two days and he wanted to celebrate at a club. After convincing the club owner to let him in with a VIP section even though he's turning nineteen he got the word around the hood. Money talked. Jason was happy to be back in Brielle's good graces. They haven't slept together yet but he didn't mind. He was being patient for the right time. This let him know for sure that she didn't mess around with another guy during their break up.

Embry and Brielle were going home for the weekend. Embry missed her people. Brielle didn't have any family to miss other than Anyssa. They FaceTime often but she was ready to see her. She had to help Anyssa prepare for Jason's surprise family dinner.

Brielle's POV

Embry packed a weekend's worth of clothes. I only packed a few clothes. I have more at my mom's and Anyssa's house so I don't need much. We tidied our apartment like dorm while we waited on Jason and Justin. I mopped as music boomed from the living room while Embry washed dishes. I showered last night so I freshened up and put on a black champion long sleeved shirt and red leggings. My feet were in my black Ugg slides. I brushed my hair in a huge puff.

Embry showered and dressed in her grey spaghetti strap jumpsuit. She wore her Ralph Lauren jacket and black cotton fuzzy slides from Walmart. Her permed hair was in a medium ponytail. After she dressed the boys were outside. I locked the door greeting Jason at the elevator. "What's up love." He said giving me a big hug. I reached around his neck hugging him back as he held my waist. I waved at Justin and he nodded his head as Embry came out. Justin grabbed her bags and they kissed. "What's up Jason." She said holding the elevator open. "What's good." He said grabbing my bags as we stepped in.

Embry ⬇️

As we walked outside we saw Chase

As we walked outside we saw Chase. He was parked beside Embry's car. The girl from my building was in his face. When I glimpsed him he stopped and stared at me. When he made eye contact with Jason he looked away. Jason chuckled. I acted as if I didn't hear or see anything and got in the car. I can tell Chase isn't cut like Jason and is intimidated by him. Jason got my bag and put it in the trunk while Chase avoided eye contact. When he got in the car he rubbed my cheek. The half hour drive went smooth. Me and Jason laughed and talked. Everything seemed like old times with us. I was hesitant at first about letting him gain my trust back but he's been doing good. When he comes to visit me he asks me to check his phone for him and stuff. He also leaves it around and answers all calls and texts around me. This shows me he wants my trust. We stopped at a drive thru on the ride back to south side Atlanta.

I thought about my mom. I've been calling and texting with no response. I wanted to try again in hopes that she'll reply to something. I dialed her and the phone rang until the dial tone. Jason looked at my disappointed face. "Before we go to Anyssa's I want to visit my mom." I said. He nodded. I think about my mom often. I wanted to call her and talk about random things how Embry does with her mom. This makes me sad. I haven't seen or heard from Gabrielle in about a month. This makes me feel unimportant. Maybe she will have a change of heart after seeing me in person.

We arrived to my mom's house and Jason walked me inside. Two older guys sat in the living room. As we walked in the living room one of them sniffed white powder with a dollar bill.When he noticed Jason a thrilled look came upon his face. "Hey brother let me buy something for twenty five dollars." The guy said pulling money out of his pocket. I looked at Jason. "Nah man." He said to the fiend. The man pulled another twenty dollars out of his pocket. "Please man my supply is running low." He said showing his white baggie. Jason shook his head. "I don't have nothing on me right now." He said shortly. I gave him a look. I heard that Jason was slanging cocaine now and I don't like it one bit. It's more dangerous. He knows I want to say something to him but I decided to wait until the right moment. He tried to avoid eye contact.

My mom came walking out of the room buttoning her shirt. She was fixing her clothes. "Here." She said to one guy who asked her did she have change for a fifty dollar bill. She didn't so he gave her twenty dollars and a white bag of powder. I double looked at my mom. She was beautiful but her lifestyle took a toll on her youth. The guys left and I pieced what was going on here. "Mom what are you doing with that?" I asked pointing to the baggie. She looked at me as her nose lightly ran. She sniffled. "What do y'all want?" She said ignoring my comment.

End of Brielle's POV/ No one's POV

"I missed you mom. I've been calling and texting with no response." Brielle said heartbroken. "Tuh." Gabrielle said. "You don't want to help me make money around here. Your little restaurant checks aren't cutting it anymore. You think you're better than me because you're dating a big drug dealer?" She said. Brielle looked at her absent for words. "Join me to help me make this money or we can't have a relationship." Gabrielle said. Jason grew angry at this. He pieced the scenery and knew what she meant. How dare she manipulate Brielle into selling her body for profit for a better relationship and comfortable to say it in his face. Brielle held a desperately torn expression. He guided Brielle by her waist. "Come on B." He said leading her to her room.

Brielle hurried to pack a few clothes. She tried to move fast. She was crushed by her mom's words in front of Jason. She felt humiliated. Gabrielle left her with a wounded heart per usual. Tears began to fall as she quickly tried to wipe them away. They were flowing and she couldn't stop it. Jason noticed and immediately consoled her. "Don't worry Princess." He said holding her wiping her tears. He hugged her as she cried. Her nose flared from being so upset. He rubbed her back. He hated to see her cry. It did something to him. She got herself together as he talked to her. "Hey ma ma it's okay." He said looking down at her. "Anyssa would be happy to see you." He said wiping her eyes with his tee shirt. She nodded. He grabbed her bags and led her out the door. Gabrielle was in the kitchen making something. She didn't bother to look their way. Jason glanced at her and left. The way she treated Brielle made him lose interest for her. He didn't care for the lady at all.