Chapter 15

When we got to the restaurant we decided to eat on the benches outside. Embry wore her hair in a medium ponytail. She wore her Nike Cortez with grey leggings and a blue tee shirt. He natural hair was half up half down as well. We definitely look comfortable today. We ordered our slushees and waited to order our food. Embry occupied herself in her phone while I looked around. I waved at an old classmate named Gianna. We used to team up as partners for science class projects. She's really cool. I saw a girl looking at me from a distance. She smoked a black and mild while mugging me. As she got closer I sucked my teeth. It's the girl from Jason's game. She watched me as if she intimidated me which caused me to give her the same look.

Embry pulled her head out of her phone and followed my eyes. She knows more about her than me. Turns to find out she's friends with Embry on snap chat and faithfully watches Embry's stories. She's older than us and indeed smokes weed. So maybe Jason is her plug. Embry says she's known for her whorish ways. She had caught her snapping Justin but she didn't see the conversation because it wasn't saved. He told Embry it was a quick serve though. The girl out her black and mild and started to approach me. I turned my feet out of the bench so they'd be free. Where I'm from you can't trust a girl who doesn't like you walking up to you. That's a fighting sign. Embry's body language read that she was ready for whatever. "Don't you work here?" She asked me disgusted like she didn't approach me. She eyed my attire and features. She looked all in my hair as well. "Why who wants to know." I said blankly. I eyed her back but not as hard. She's a pretty girl but I don't believe in competition with a female over any reason. "Bitch me." She said hastily.

I stood up. Embry did too. The girl backed up a little. "Listen girl go about your business for real. I'm not in the mood." I said talking with my hands. "Oh me neither." She said in a funny tone. I brushed pass her to the entrance to put hand sanitizer on. She didn't do anything. When I came back she sat a few benches down from us. She yelled on her phone. I feel like she wanted my attention. "Yeah B she's weird over you for real." Embry said annoyed. "Yeah females get real weird over these niggas." I said shrugging my shoulders. My phone vibrated. I figured it was Jason. Instead it was an incoming call from his momma.

I immediately answered. "Hey Princess Jason isn't home but he just called me. Who knows where he is. Maybe he'll reach out later." She said. She was walking into work. "Okay." I said sighing. "Don't worry yourself about Jason he's safe. Most likely in the streets as always. I'll call you later boo." She said. "Okay." I hung up. This made me wonder what he was doing since I haven't heard from him. "Who was that?" Embry asked nosily. "Jason's mom. He's not home but hasn't called me yet. He's okay though." She nodded her head. "I find that a little fishy but him and Justin do be getting to the money. Do you question what Jason is out here doing?" She asked genuinely. "Yes. I can't do anything until I see for myself what he has going on. I'm the meantime I'm going to stick beside him until he shows me otherwise." I truly said. She nodded her head in agreement as our food came out.

*No one's point of view*

Jason just pulled into his mom's driveway. He was at the trap all night. He slept overnight there. It's a big scheme coming up so he had to prepare the guys. He has missed calls from Brielle and others but he decided to reach out after he came back out. He hopped in the shower for twenty minutes. It was breezy and and warm today so he opened a fresh pack of white polo tee shirts Brielle bought him. He threw on his shorts socks and Jordan 4's. "B did good on my hair." He said out loud while looking in the mirror as he brush his teeth. He grabbed a different gun some money and his keys. He ate a bowl of cereal and headed for the door.

Jason ⬇️

Jason has a few plays to make on the other side of town

Jason has a few plays to make on the other side of town. He listened to music from his phone the car ride. Racks Blue by future bumped through the speakers of his truck as he cruised. His phone began to ring. He thought it was baby girl because he didn't call her back but it was a private caller. It's Hailee. She was calling back to back now. He grew upset seeing "PRIVATE CALLER." for the thousandth time. His phone is on do not disturb because of her. This is why he don't hear Brielle or anyone else's notifications. When the same number calls back to back then his phone starts to ring. It aggravates him how she called non stop.

"WHAT HAILEE STOP BLOWING MY PHONE THIS IS WHY  YOU'RE BLOCKED." He said loud and angry. This startled Hailee. She's never heard him like this. He did get short patience with her for trying to force a relationship at times but this was way worse. "Meet me at this food spot right now and talk to me in person." She pleaded. "I promise I will leave you alone after this. We need to have an adult conversation Jason this can't keep going on." She said. She sounded mature to him now. "I'm not eating with you Hailee." He stated calmly. She huffed. "Fine just come now. I have somewhere to be hurry." She said telling him where she was. "I'll be there in ten." He said quickly hanging up.

He was tired of her. It's like she was holding a baby over his head that he sure wasn't his. He knows she is sleeping with others but there is a possibility. Condoms do break sometimes and he's large in size so that made him think. Maybe he could convince her to get an abortion since she sounded mature on the phone just now. He'd give her the money happily. He finished serving a few people and pulled up to the restaurant. He knew Brielle wasn't at work today. she's a homebody so she probably was lounging around. He figured he'd be cool meeting Hailee without getting caught up.