Chapter 7

"Time for school B." Gabrielle yelled and knocked on my door. "I'm up." My soft voice called out as I dried off. Despite my mom's carelessness yesterday I aim to have a good day. I dressed in my colorful PINK leggings a white tank and my PINK slides. My natural hair was in a high ponytail with two strands hanging down. I grabbed my book bag and a fruit cup heading out the door. My mom was in the car already. "You almost got left." She joked. I made a weird face. She probably doesn't even remember how acted was last night. She looked at my wrapped hand but didn't say anything. "Why are you acting funny with me. You only get one mom remember that Brielle." She said. I didn't feel like saying anything because it wouldn't lead anywhere good so I stayed quiet the rest of the way. "Have a good day." Gabrielle said once she arrived to my school. "You too." I simply said.

Brielle ⬇️

When I saw Embry we hugged each other

When I saw Embry we hugged each other. "Girl you are so pretty." Embry said closing her locker. I smiled. "Thank you Bri you too." I said checking her out. She rocked a denim skirt with a green bodysuit. She sported pretty Bebe sandals showing her pink toes. Her relaxed hair was hanging with a pretty denim headband. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." I said. "I know right you been with your mans and stuff." She said in her ratchet voice. I laughed because Embry is so silly. "I'm not mad at you though girl what you think I been doing." She said popping her butt. I and shook my head and laughed. She looked down at my hand. "What happened?" She asked gently touching my wrapped up palm. "Oh nothing a careless mistake I made." I said putting my arm behind me. She looked weird as if she wanted to ask more but decided to let it go for now. She nodded with a concerned expression and we headed to class.

School was decent today. Jason ate lunch with me while Embry sat near with Justin. Him and Justin dapped each other. They've been homeboys since they were jits. Jason held my wrapped hand. "What happened?" He asked. I tried to play it off. "Something simple." I said shrugging. He eyed me. "B." He said. I sighed. "My mom was passed out when I got home. I found a busted liquor bottle in her doorway. I knew she'd forget and probably step on it so I cleaned it up." I said looking down. Jason sighed with frustration. He kissed my hand and shook his head holding back his words.

After school me and Embry parted ways. She was going home to babysit her four month old niece. Her older brother and his girlfriend were going out tonight. Jason played basketball in the nearby gym so I rode with him. "This one for you baby." He said and dunked it. He blew a kiss and I caught it. His boys were taunting him calling him tender. "Man gone head" Jason fanned them laughing. This made me laugh too. I don't care to be in his homeboys faces so I only speak and keep my distance. Jason smoked as he drove me home. He begged me to stay at his place tonight but I assured him I was okay. He walked me to the door and left. When I unlocked the door I smelled tomato sausage and rice. It smelt good and I was starving. I showered did my nightly routine and threw my baggy Nike joggers on with an over sized tee shirt.

After washing my hands I went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. As soon as I opened the fridge a voice cleared behind me. I looked at her. "Hey mom." I said with a faint smile. I went to grab a paper plate. "Bitch I hope you don't think I cooked for you. This is all for Darnell." Gabrielle snapped looking at me with hatred. "But I haven't ate dinner" I said. "You should have told that thug of a boyfriend to get you something. What? You're laying with him for free? You're a dummy. He has all the money now get out of here." Gabrielle said on her way out the kitchen. I grabbed my water bottle and walked back to my room. I held a disappointed face. I'm usually able to take this type of treatment but my feelings were hurt. I locked myself in my room with my headphones. I drunk my bottled water and cried myself to sleep. I wonder why she treats me as if I'm an adult or a stranger who wore out their welcome. It was was another normal night at home for me.