Chapter Fifteen: 368

Start from the beginning

"So how do you feel about Collin?" She asked abruptly. I swallowed and stood up fully.

"He's dead. How should I feel?" I asked coldly. Connie put her hands up in surrender.

"I don't know. You two got close, but not as close as you and Mr. Coyle. How close were you to Miss Thompson?" She asked, picking up some paper.

"We were friends, same as Collin or Tyler. Jared and I have been partners on occasion, we're pretty close." If Tyler was watching, this wasn't new to him.

"Did you love him?" She asked boldly. I stared at her for a second, not knowing what to say.

"He's like my brother, that would be wrong. That would be the same as me loving Br-" I cut myself off. Connie's eyebrows rose as she wrote something down. In a quick movement, I grabbed the paper.

Cymbalta Dosage

"Really? You're setting me up on depression meds? I'm out of here." I declared. Just as my hand touched the knob I heard a click. It had locked, that sneaky woman had trapped me.

"Sorry Elise, too slow. Now why don't you sit down, and we can talk like normal people? We could talk about Collin, or Jared, or maybe even" She paused. "Bradley."

"Who's Bradley?" I lied smoothly. She just laughed, a gesture that made her look younger. Where was the sweet lady I had first met?

"We have everything on file Elise, everything. You can't hide from us, you can't withold information from the biggest corporation in the world. We know that you were with Bradley for three years, we know he's seventeen now, heck we even know his birthday! Elise Silver, the cunning assassin, has a soft spot for a teenager. Do you even know his last name? Do you even know who he is, what he is?" What was she talking about? I backed up as she approached me.

"No. You don't, and he doesn't know your real name does he? And you don't know his." She whispered. This woman certainly didn't waste any time. I felt my resolve weaken as tears pricked at my eyes. I forced them back down.

"Just stop. I'm here, Tyler got what he wanted. Maybe I freaked out, but someone close to me was killed. Add my brother, and the fact that one of my friends betrayed me. Anyone would have snapped." I said angrily.

"You're not supposed to have friends! You're an assassin, you're not even supposed to have a weakness. Why, Elise, why! Why did you pick a life you know you can't keep up with!! Why put yourself through the torture, why did you choose to kill. It's been six years, and your luck will run out soon." Her words were true.

"In case you haven't noticed, my luck hasn't been very good. Now if you bring up Bradley one more time, I will snap your neck. Got it?" I snarled, then sat down.

"I'd like to see you try Miss Houston. Just go ahead, I have nothing to lose. You've already lost your freedom, and that's what you're most afraid of. You've lost your freedom,, you can't run around as you please anymore. Tyler and this facility, they're slowly clipping your wings." The door slid open.

"Ms. Quentin, you have a meeting with.. Elise!" Mike shouted in surprise. He was alive? I stood up and ran into his arms.

"But how? You were so close to the explosion Mikey!" He lifted his shirt, showing me a nasty burn.

"I didn't know you had a session with Ms. Quentin! I wanted to see you, but Ty told me not to." Ty. I guess that he and my brother were friends. I scowled at the thought.

"Hey peanut, why the scowl?" He asked. Connie came up behind me.

"What's so important, Mr. Houston." She snapped. Well that was rude.