-Thirty Six-

{Jackson}

With all my strength, I threw my fist into the center of the punching bag. Sweat dripped past my brow and onto the rest of my perspiring skin. My adrenaline ran laps through my being as I swung again, and again, and again.

I swung until my vision blurred, my head spun, and my tongue tasted dry as sand. I had exhausted every last part of me on purpose.

I gave up and finally let the heavy bag swing past me as I stumbled to the ground to catch my breath. I ripped off the suffocating gloves and dug my tape-wrapped fingers into my hair.

Would Pierce cross me?

Why would he?

Where was he tonight?

So many questions spun countless times in my head as I reevaluated our recent events.

The first incident in Italy. That gang originated in the states and was nowhere near as big as mine. Smaller gangs tend to do dirty jobs for rivals to either create allies, gain respect, or power.

Meaning I have a rat.

As badly as I want to accuse Pierce, I need more evidence first. I can't prosecute Pierce without valid reason like I would anyone else. Our bond is different, and he could use that to his advantage.

He can't gaslight himself out of trouble or deny it if I have proof.

I now couldn't trust my own best friend, but then again, in this life, who can I really trust?

{Natasha}

"So now what?" Izzy asked as she sipped on her fresh mimosa.

I invited her over for brunch to catch up and spend time together. Jackson's security still lingered around my apartment. The snipers are gone, and security now just monitors my floor, not the entire building or inside my penthouse.

"I don't know.. he just needs some time to figure things out," I sighed as I finished plating our food.

We sat at the kitchen island and ate since rain washed over the city. Even if the weather weren't shitty, I probably still would stay in the house. Jackson's men would be willing to escort me anywhere I needed, but after such close calls with God lately, I haven't been wanting to leave.

"Yeah, we're definitely smoking after this," Izzy commented before stuffing her cheeks again.

"Your energy.. it feels heavy," she then added.

"I just don't know what to do. I feel for him but he's just so stubborn.." I downed a few sips of my drink as well.

"Put yourself in his shoes for a few seconds if you really care about him. If you're calm after seeing things from his side, then this problem could be over before you know it."

If there's one thing I love the most about Izzy is her advice- the girl's good.

Jackson and I haven't been together for as long as it feels. Even though we met almost two months ago, our one-month anniversary would be in a few days, and we were spending it fighting.

Our time together feels like an eternity, but we're practically still getting to know each other. We're also both two people big on trust, so any disagreement is always going to feel like a test of one another.

I cant be infuriated with him for not believing my dad, especially when they don't know each other like how I know them. That's the same as Jackson expecting me to trust Pierce, something I'll never do.

If I were scoping the area for my best friend, I'd barely bash a blink.

Pierce and Jackson do nothing but ruffle each other's feathers. They piss each other off constantly, fight like enemies, and still want to sit up in each other's face and call themselves brother's.

If that's how Pierce loves his family I'd be sick once seeing his hatred for a regular ole' person.

"I don't trust Pierce.." I thought out loud.

I had already explained to Izzy their 'bond', Pierce's childish antics, and where he was found after every life-threatening event.

"Not to mention, Pierce hasn't been genuinely nice to me since the night I turned him down at the club. All he's been since is a clock blocking, pain in the ass, son of a bitch..." I added with a slight snarl on my lips.

"All I know is you and Jackson need each other the most right now, so pull your heads out of your asses and figure it out," she advised.

I nodded and bit the inside of my cheek while continuing to stare off into my thoughts. Neither Jackson or I trusted Pierce right now but also didn't trust each other enough either.

We were at a stand still, and something good I have might go to shit-

Yet again.

I frustratedly sighed and downed straight champagne. The bitter liquor went down smooth and sent up a burly burp after.

"Now that's the perfect mimosa," Izzy winked while toasting her glass.

I chuckled and shook my head before passing her the bottle to do the same.

Worrying about Jackson all day and night would only drive me crazy, so I continued to enjoy the moments I can get with my best friend.

Anything would suffice as a distraction.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A/n: hi my lovelies sorry for the short chapter. Life is very fast paced for me right now so I haven't had much time to focus on my writing, but I will be releasing another chapter soon I promise!

Thank you guys for the never ending support and love. I cant say it enough. I love you all<3!