proper and Improper

~ Chapter 32 ~

Elise's P.O.V

I can only stare at this man who's kneeling before me. I squat down to his level and grab him by his arm to pull him up. "You don't have to kneel like that. At least not here, I want you guys to be comfortable with me. I want friends not men at my disposal." Even though I might not have the most heartwarming face, but I try to smile as kindly as I possibly can.

"My, and I thought the rumors were true. I guess the lady really isn't as everyone said she was." I flinched at his comment. 'Everyone?' I turned to face the men who were standing before me to see what other reactions were, but they didn't even look uncomfortable. As if these so-called 'rumors' were not unfamiliar to them.

"Right...and who is this 'everyone,' sir?" I try not to look so interested but a man that's willing to say these things to a royal member then it's obvious he would be able to tell what I was trying to do. I bring one of my hands to my hip.

"Anyways, let's show you around princess. You're going to need to learn what all the equipment does and where it is." He shrugs his men away and starts to walk away from me. Eliot quickly pulls me to try to keep up with Jake. I tried to pull my arm away from him but before I could he said, "You did say you wanted to be treated without formalities, so don't complain."

I stay silent and let him do as he pleases.

~~~

"And that would be it. Any questions princess?" By the time we were time my feet hurt from all the walking we did. I never thought the training grounds were so big. I would say you could fit a thousand men or more in there. "Can we sit somewhere? I'm tired." My chest rises and lowers with every breath I take.

Before Jake could answer, Eliot pulled me down to the ground and made me sit on dirt. I groan annoyingly, "Why? Are there no chairs here? I should ask father to...you know I'll buy the chairs myself. I can do that much." I start to draw on the dorst with my finger as I say this.

I hear the low chuckle of Jake. I look up to see his face and the only thing I see is him trying to cover up a laugh. "Jeez, I didn't think I would ever see a princess much less the daughter of the emperor sitting on dirt. Sure is a sight."

"What? Do you think it is improper of me? Should I act like the other princess you have talked to Jake?"

"I see you are quick to drop the formalities."

" I guess I just like to live my life freely by my rules and thoughts. Just like you would."

"Elise, it's time to go back, you still have to go to the tea party you said you would attend." Eliot says. "Plus it's getting irritating to be here."

Eliot glances at Jake for a little over a second. And I swear that that day was probably the first day I entered a training ground, and Eliot made me shiver with satisfaction.