It's Not Rain. There Tears

(If you want you can listen to the music while reading this chapter :)

~ Chapter 11 ~

Elise's P.O.V

"Look, it's Eclipse!" a girl whispered to her friend that was next to her. "You're right, but who's that girl next to him? I haven't seen her around." I heard similar whispers like those about ten more times. I couldn't help but feel misfit in a place like this. How should I walk, stand or speak? I could feel dozens of eyes on me just looking me up and down. The palms of my hands grew sweaty.

"You're quite famous around here, Eclipse." I bumped his elbow. He quickly blushed and started to talk, "It's not like that! It's just that I have teached a lot of royals so people might look at it as surprising. That's all." He kept walking but avoided eye contact with other people. "It's not just that. You are smart, kind, and definitely good looking, Eclipse. I am more than sure there is a girl out here that likes you." I smile at him as I try to look at his reaction.

"Princes- I mean Elise! That's nowhere near true. They are just simply kind." He pushed his chest forward to look firm. I lifted my hand to my mouth and laughed a bit. "We should really hurry! We also need to take care of those wounds of yours." He pointed down at my knees as he quickened his pace. "Oh! Don't worry. It doesn't hurt me at all it just stings a bit, but I assure you that's all!" I tried to keep up to his pace.

"Even if it doesn't hurt that doesn't mean it can't get infected." He took my hand to help me keep up with him. I stayed quiet. I didn't know what to say. I just let him guide me through the town. I hadn't been in this part of town before so I wouldn't know where we were going. We gave a turn and stopped in front of a small shop. It looked shabby and torn apart. As if it were to fall at any moment. I gulped and entered right behind Eclipse.

"Welcome!" I hear a feminine voice say in the distance as we enter. I look all around seeing dozens of books, recipes, and potions. I noticed this one potion that was blue as the sky. It reminded me of Eclipse eyes. ''By the way, where did he disappear to?" I turned around and I was immediately met with big brown eyes staring holes at me. "Hello young lady. Who might you be?" The female that greeted us asked. I back away a bit. "Umm well I am Elise. N-Nice to meet you." I extend my hand.

Eclipse said that that was the best way to greet people in town. "Ahh! Such a pretty name for a pretty lady! Come in, Come in!" She grabbed my hand and took me to the back of the shop. "By the way, I am Nicki!" she said while dragging me. We entered a room and there she sat me down at a small table.

He quickly sat at the other side and started to close her eyes. A minute passed and she finally opened them back. She looked at me with a worried look on her face. I could notice she was uncomfortable at the moment. I tried to speak but every time I did she would just hush me. "Young lady...." Was all she could say. She breathed in again and started to talk, "I saw that you suffer a lot, miss. You....you don't have a happy endin-'' She was about to continue her sentence but got interrupted by Eclipse's voice.

"Princess! I have been looking for you all over the shop. Why are you here?" He offers his hand to lift me up. He turns to look at the lady and says, "we would like to pay for these things." He shows the objects in his hands to the women and steps outside with me. We pay at the counter and head out the door.

"Did that woman tell you anything Elise?" He has a concerning look on his face. "Nope she was just saying how she likes my name. That's all." I smile back at him and keep my gaze forward. But really, what was she going to say before Eclipse came in. She looked scared for me. As if something bad would happen to me. I decided not to pay much attention to it and ignore it.

~ Time Skip ~

"Ouch! It hurts! I don't want to keep going" I whined. "But if we don't clean your wounds they might get infected. And we definitely don't want that." Eclipse stated as he pressed a wet cloth on my wound. He had soaked it in some liquid that he bought back at the small shop. "Hey Eclis. Do you think his majesty knows that I left by now?" I said as I tried to ignore the sting pain in my knees. "Eclis?"

"Oh yeah, is it ok if I use that as your nickname?"

"If that is what you want princess then I am fine with it." He smiles. "No. I want you to be comfortable. I want you to see me as another friend of yours, not as the princess. Ok?" I give him a sarcastic smile. He just stares at me and starts to laugh. "Yes, Elise." He goes back to cleaning my wounds and finishing them up with some bandages.

After he was done I looked at my hands that were wrapped up in white bandages. It felt tight but comforting. Not once have I gotten hurt. Well that's because the people from the palace that cared for me really took their job seriously. I sigh and throw myself back in my new bed. This room had a feeling of peace and calmness.

"God, this is what I really needed. A new change of scenario." I closed my eyes and let myself drift away in the stillness and slice of the room. I could feel my arms relax. I swayed my feet back and forth as they hung on the edge of the bed. I hummed to a melody. Out of nowhere I could hear the raindrops hit my window.

I slowly got up. With every step I took the floor creaked. I reached the window and felt how cold the glass was. I unlocked the window and gently pushed it open. Raindrops started to come inside my room. I could feel the moisture of the rain fall off my face. I closed my eyes and let them hit my face.

My heart ached again at the thought of Nico. 'Did he really betray me? Or was I just misunderstanding the situation? Was he a bad person or was I in the wrong for not believing in him? But he clearly knew. So why keep it to himself? What will happen when the new girl comes in and takes my place? Will I be killed so people don't know of my existence?' All kinds of different thoughts ran through my mind.

"Didn't Nico say I was a strong person for smiling even though I am in pain?" I recalled the night he comforted me. "Right. I have to smile." I smiled as I felt warm drops of water run down my face. It's not rain. They were tears.