Betrayal

(If you want you can listen to the music while reading this chapter :)

~ Chapter 10 ~ Betrayal ~

Elise's P.O.V

"Yes, I will take that girl and make everyone believe that that is the true princess of this empire." The emperor claims.

Could feel my heart drop down to my stomach. I back away from the door and look over to see Nico who didn't look as shocked. "Princess..." He reaches to grab my arm but I pull it back before he could even touch it. "Nico you knew about this!?" I yell at him. Did he keep such important information from me? "Keep your voice down princess." He lifts a finger up to his mouth. "I knew about this but he didn't say who was the other girl so I didn't take it to heart. I thought it was just because he was mad at the time." Nico says as he approaches me.

"What do you mean 'mad at the time?' Are you referring to that night he slapped me!?" I could feel my heart throb with the amount of pain it was taking. My legs grew weak and my vision blurry. "Was it!?" I desperately inhaled as much air as I could. My breath was getting shorter and shorter.

All he did was look down to the floor and nod his head in response. I stood there with my hands shaking of anger and betrayal. Nico, one of the two people I fully trusted. Nico, whom I give anything to just so they could smile by my side. That same person lied to me. That same person was the one who shamefully nodded their head as I cried.

I ran towards the palace trying to ignore a problem once again. I couldn't face my fate, my problems. I couldn't. I was scared I would have to lose something I dearly cared about in exchange for bravery. 'God how stupid can I be!?' I thought as I ran. Of coarse everyone would choose the damn emperor than the stupid little princess who's existence wasn't even known.

My blurry vision didn't allow me to see what was in front of me and so I tripped on a rock. I fall and on the impact I scrape my hand and knees. It didn't hurt though. I didn't feel the pain as I bled from my knees. I was about to get up and start to head to the palace once again until I heard someone call to me. "Princess?" I quickly turn my head expecting to see Nico behind me but instead I see....Eclipse?

"Oh god princess?! Your bleeding!" He kneels down and lifts my leg so he could inspect it. I stare at him and realize I'm still crying. I pull my leg away and wipe the remaining tears away. "Ahem- I'm sorry I bothered you with this but I assure you it's nothing to worry abou-" He cuts me off and precedes to hold my arm. "Princess, you don't have to fake being fine when you're not. I saw what happened. I was heading to the main library to get some text books that you were going to need for the next lesson when I saw the commotion."

I didn't know what to say. All I could do was smile and look to the ground. My yellow pastel dress now tainted with red blood and dirt was the one thing my hands could hold onto. "Eclipse? Can I ask you for a huge favor? And if it's too much for you to do I get it you don't have to say 'yes' Ok?"

"Ok." He had a soft look in his eyes. I couldn't figure out if it was out of pity or if he was genuinely sorry for me. I looked him straight in his blue crystal eyes and asked him, "Will you let me stay where you're living at the moment?" The silence in the garden was stressful despite being outside where there was supposed to be peace.

"Pardon?" Was all he could manage to get out.

~ Time Skip ~

"I know my home doesn't compare with your palace princess, but this is all I could offer." Eclipse said as he tried to pick up the papers and dirt clothes from the floor and table. True, it was small but it wasn't bad at all. It was warm and comforting. 'How adorable.' I smiled at my own thoughts. "So princess, what do you think?" He opened his arms as he walked closer.

"I think it's a nice place. Even though it's small it's a comforting place to live in. If you ask me this is far superior to the palace I lived in." I hugged myself as I gave him a shrug. His home was filled with the scent of cinnamon. Light shined it's way through the window illuminating the whole room. 'Gorgeous.' I thought. I walked past Eclipse heading to the back of the house. There I was met with two rooms.

"The one to the left is your room princess." He pointed to the one in the far end of the hall. I nodded and slowly guided my hand to the knob. I pull down the handle and push the door open. As soon as I opened the door my eyes were blinded by the shimmering light that disturbed my eyes.

I walk in and notice that there is a bed that could fit two people in it. I walk further in and I meet the bathroom. "I hope you enjoy your stay here princes-" "Please call me Elise. I would much prefer that than to be known as the daughter of the emperor." I laugh a bit hoping that that would hide the sarcastic thoughts that I had. "Ok then Eli...Elise." He looks down at the floor while he fidgets with his fingers.

"W-we should go out and find you things to wear so you can go out and have fun just like the other young ladies from the town." Eclipse says as he reaches for my hand and pulls me to the door. Almost tripping I follow behind him. Was this the kind of freedom I was looking for? As the kind of freedom I wanted? Was I now the warrior Eclipse saw me as?

For now I only wanted to focus on the present. Not the past nor the future. Only on the things I had in front of me right now. Only that.