18. All My Questions

_______________

 All My Questions_______________

____________________

sorry for the late update. after the wedding last weekend, I was totally wiped out.

____________________

"WHAT TIME ARE you guys gonna be here?" Shelby's raspy voice pestered over the phone.

Naomi balanced her phone against her ear as she forced her foot into warm socks. She would've put the call on speaker, but she couldn't risk news of the agent or the apartment they'd been speaking about ringing throughout the room for Giaro, or even her mother, to catch when walking around. She also couldn't risk Islow— who was bouncing around the room chasing their two bolognaise puppies— parroting the details that Shelby's phone call entailed.

"Sweetie, tie your laces." Naomi sighed when Islow kicked off her shoes instead and used them to lure the two white balls of fur to chase her. Naomi returned her attention to her sister with a sigh. "Uh, not too sure. I haven't really spoken to the pilot, but Valencia's album release is a lunch thing. So, we'll skip the after party and hop on the jet."

"Yesss! I want us to hit the club. I need to get laid."

Naomi was relieved that Shelby had chosen not speak about their father nor comment on Giaro. She really would not have had the patience nor the energy to get into it with her little sister. She wanted their weekend together to be prefaced with positive energy. With their conflicting schedules, the sisters didn't get to spend as much time together as they'd like.

"You and Remy have one brain," Naomi snickered.

She could see the young actuarial scientist rolling her eyes. "Girl, don't be pretending like we're the only ones who like to get down. We're the three musketeers for a reason." Shelby snickered. "You're just pissed that you have to stay sober."